Save The Date - Re-Run of Tank / Dogfight Event - Sunday 6th December - WITH ICONS!

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

STOP PRESS: IGNORE THE POINTS ABOUT ICONS - WE NOW HAVE A SOLUTION FOR NO GROUND UNITS BUT PLANE ICONS ON!

Salute

We are going to have another go at running the tank event as it seemed that people did actually like it!

However...

I have taken on board some of the comments that I received and suggestions as to what could have made it even better for everyone.

To this end I am going to make the following changes.

1. We will run the event with icons on. This will enable the fighter jocks to have more fun with each other and we will also have icons on the map so that Tankers can see where they are going in the town. The caveat to this is that I am aware that some people still use full icons on their map which enables them to see where everyone is (RADAR) and also ranges and Id's. I have made the compromise to enable icons for playability, I would therefore ask that EVERYONE switches to using our mod for dot/triangle only and only your own icon on the map for at least this event. It can be enabled and disabled via JGSME so you will be able to turn it off afterwards should you wish.

2. The airfields will be moved back to introduce longer flight times, thus making it more successful if you take out an enemy plane as he will be gone for longer, giving you more time over the combat zone.

3. This will mean that tanks will have their icons on as well (I have yet to find a way of having air icons only) but hopefully this will not impact the playability / fun too much when we are in the built up town. People hiding under trees will be more visible to planes and probably other tankers, but I am stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to make the event as inclusive to everyone as possible, so please bear with me and give it a go.

4. The planes will be still limited to their original bomb loadouts of a maximum 250kg. Even through they will be able to spot tanks in tress, we all know from the P38 mission how hard it can be to take them out (and that is with 500lb!) so yes, it opens the tanks up a bit more but I felt that the fighter jocks needed more rewards for their efforts.

So Please sign up in the thread below. You can change sides if you want.

Lets hope we all have as much fun a before, remembering that this is still all new to us as an event.

Friar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Yes I have and Sid being the genius he is converting the file, we now have the right solution, plane icons but no ground icons, so everyone wins!

You will need to apply the attached file into JGSME and apply the mod.

It is in our downloads and get it here

• Thanks 1

• 2. Administrators

Fighters are for protecting the bombers.

If fighters can take bombs, no point in the bombers. Want to bomb something, take a ground attack plane, want to shoot other planes down, take a fighter...

My two cents....

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, Painless said:

For immersion I intend to have the doors wide open beside me and wear a fetching winter hat and gloves, anyone else ? 🤔😳

Sure Mick, me too! 

Even looking into using a big cardboard box, to stick my head in. It will have some small openings in it. ... but can't figure out how to get it to stay over my head! Oh well ...

• Haha 1