Tank Fest / Dog Fight Event - Debrief - Let me know your thoughts Please

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute Gentlemen

Thank you for the event last night, I think the general consensus was that it was a fun night.

If you have any comments about anything to change for the next one, yes, there will be more of this sort of thing if you guys want it, please post in this thread.

Let me know what to keep, what to remove etc.

Also if you have any scenarios for me to investigate.

Cheers

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

:)

from the feedback during the chat after the event

1. Player only icon on map (I would actually like this too). This would help getting players to the point of action quickly and so make it more exciting for them. Yes, we all have compass headings but the safety net of your triangle just to confirm you are heading in the right direction will help. I did not think this was possible but during the chat when we finished it seems it is so this is something I am going to include. Some people may not agree with this, but I think it will help the majority have more fun.

2. Flight time for planes could have been a bit longer. I put the airfields in close to keep the pilots part of the action. The problem was that if a pilot was killed it did not take them out of the fight long enough for it to have made a difference. So perhaps they could be moved back a bit?

3. Add in more count down timers. I think it would have helped to have, as well as the 30 minute a 15 and 5 minutes to go.

generally the feeling was that everything else worked so glad you all had a great time, I know I did.

Salute to Artie for his excitement at taking out Sid!

Salute to the Allies for the overall win, both sides taking the flag twice, just the allies did it last.

Salute to FT for his technical assistance and advice with the hosting.

Finally, thank you to everyone that took part and committed to this new venture so enthusiastically. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Colin thanks for putting it together and I appreciate that it was a tank focused mission but I have a few suggestions on how the air side could be improved for future.

1) targets

It is very difficult to hit a moving tank, ( I only remember one hit all night by plane) especially so in cover, so perhaps add bridges fuel dumps or repair buildings or supply trains.etc to make air side more varied.

Spread targets around , so not concentrated in one area, having only one target makes it easier to defend against bombers. 

2) agreed airfield was too close together and too close to target say bombers 10 Min flight to target .

3) increase choice of plane and loadout, 109 couldn't carry bombs and only had 15mm cannon

4) air icons , I just couldn't see planes so if possible add air icons only.

I think most of this was in original scenario

S

• Thanks 1

Glad it went well. I was looking forward to this but due to a missing file I couldnt join the server. I have reinstalled (after backing my input folder ;) I nearly forgot to do that) and I am now running checkskinsz, so as to be ready for the campaign on Tuesday.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Really, really good fun....!!

I wouldn't want to see anything changed but, following feedback from others, will go with what you alter in order to make it more enjoyable for all. So: 

Keep: Settings as they were

Remove: Nothing

My comments from last night's 'after battle' chat:

1. Any icon over a tank will destroy any stealth or camouflage and any advantage created by the driver.

2. I think it is difficult to bomb a tank or strafe it and cause sufficient damage to destroy it. Air attacks on tanks last night generally broke tracks which resulted in the driver having to conduct repairs by switching the engine off and waiting a few minutes leaving him vulnerable to tank shots and air attack. I think bigger bombs may give a pilot more chance of damage or destruction of a tank but it is still reliant on hitting a tank or dropping closer.  

Cheerzen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

Bloody intense at times wondering when the killer shell would suddenly detach your turret from your underpinnings ! Great fun doing something different so many thanks to Colin and Arjen for that.

It was clear on comms that the biggest frustration for the tanks was navigation and orientation so the arrow icon on the map would obviously get rid of that problem.

Other than that I see no need to change anything really.

Sufficed  to say that without Tom’s efforts we allies would have been attached to a surface via a helical plane in a clockwise direction. Nice one major Tom ! 👍🏻 

A big shame Crasheroony could not join us but if it’s any consolation, just after we finished the latest Windows update has completely screwed my gaming comp so it won’t even start now ! I am engaged with Sidly and Arjen trying to resolve the problem as we speak......