DCS Screenshot and Video thread

fruitbat

• 2. Administrators

Played around with my Spitfire default head position, as it has always bothered me slightly in 2D, anyway, much much happier with the new position :thumbsu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had fun last night jet jocks, even if I remain a total jet noob.

But, here we go again, what is it with me not being able to see your screenshots straight away Kev?!
Rog couldn't figure it out, it doesn't matter what device I view them on and usually after a few days they'll magically appear.

image.png

• 1. DDz Quorum

Looks like Fruitbat is using some other site to host the image files... https://u.cubeupload.com/

No idea why they do show up so later for you, maybe your ISP limits traffic from/to that one? I dunno ... 

Edit: Are you on BT? Found this:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/cubeupload-images-not-appearing/td-p/1998113

• Thanks 1

Oh thanks FT, I'll take a look at that as I am on BT.

Edit: Okay, I already have smart setup turned off and I'm reluctant to do factory reset because of the hassle, however it seems that u.cubeupload.com does have a reputation for being used for spreading malicious samples, hence why it's blocked by some ISPs and malware protection apps.

@fruitbat are you open to uploading these elsewhere?

Edit 2! It seems some are starting to appear now - strange!

image.png

• 2. Administrators
On 7/2/2021 at 10:46 AM, BluBear said:

@fruitbat are you open to uploading these elsewhere?

Sure, if you can suggest a site which doesn't compress 4k screens as little as that one, and that is as easy to use, generating share links.

I would use the Dogs, but I think the screens loose a bit of quality during the upload compared to what I use, and I ran into problems linking them on other sites, plus the interface is much more awkward.

Your problem is still odd, as I use BT too without issue, and you could see them straight away over on the il2 forums, and they are the same links....

Anyway, a few more for you not to see for a few days, lol,

f9DigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

b16DigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

cc3DigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

ce6DigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

aedDigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

bbdDigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

c77DigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

231DigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

d0eDigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

See if you can see them here Chris,

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/58030-dcs/?do=findComment&comment=1105641

• 1. DDz Quorum
35 minutes ago, DD_Fenrir said:

It's odd... when kev initially posted the screenshots from Thuirsday night i too was unable to see them, yet on Friday night they magically rendered. Now I cannot see them again... :confused2:

Possibly BT is limiting traffic coming from that site ... 

• 1. DDz Quorum

In the past the cubeupload site has been suffering from people uploading nasty things showing up as image files. But they were more like viruses. They probably fixed that by now - I hope.

I think BT still uses some limits on the site, blocking traffic every now and then.

Three ways of fixing this:

1. Kevin stops using the site

2. The ones that are on BT contact that provider and ask them "whatsup?" and maybe they can fix it...

3. Simply live with it  :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...