Dogfight Ladder Reboot

Jabo

Dogfight Ladder Reboot?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a restart of the old 1v1 Dogfight Ladder that we ran for a while a few years ago?

• Yes
    • No

• 2. Administrators

If there's sufficient interest, I'd be happy to look into starting this up again - we have a lot of new fliers who haven't had the opportunity to experience this type of competition within the group and with GBS now we have a whole new planeset to play with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would, and with my limited bandwidth a 1vs1 should be doable.

If not I'll just go hide in the basement again LOL

I should probably stay there too, since I virtually don't fly anymore, due to low bandwidth.

Single player, just isn't fun without the RL Camaraderie

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2020 at 8:45 AM, fruitbat said:

Todd made a 1 v 1 mission in RoF way back when, in the same style as the old one on il2, so it is possible to do in GB, lol.

Not by me though, life is to short to use the GB ME.

Yep and I'm too old to relearn what I have forgotten.

I also did that while I was off work for 11 weeks due to my left knee replacement.

• 1. DDz Quorum
52 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Can Vander's mission generator do this?  It has a dogfight mode......

It should be able to generate Air spawns for both sides... still, they will end up some km's from each other, in this attempt 15km:

2020_11_22__15_56_18.jpg

Dogfight mission attached here .. 

One could try and find airfields closer together, on some map, in some time frame... You can browse through all maps and towns in the Generator :)

I bet it'd be easier and faster to ask on the Sturmovik forums whether a mission builder can do it for us: Should not be too difficult for an experienced builder now should it?

SYN_Generated.mission

2 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:

It should be able to generate Air spawns for both sides... still, they will end up some km's from each other, in this attempt 15km:

2020_11_22__15_56_18.jpg

That looks perfect to me.  If you are flying Spitfires 15km gives you enough time to set rads, revs, trim and seating position and then concentrate on the close.

Friar's map looks a bit....tight? 

OK Kevin, I just bought a recovery software hoping to salvage some accidentally  lost video. I just used it on the 2TB drive that I also accidentally formatted a couple years ago with all my games on it. I found the ROF 1vs1 Missions. I just uploaded them to here.

• Like 1