Logitech x52 axis migrating north

TheAngryGamer75

I am using, or trying to use, a X52 from Logitech. The pitch axis keeps getting off center. I have tried every fix I could find online. It causes a real issue. Especially flying at low altitudes because suddenly, when it happens, the plane wants to dive. Seems a common issue with this stick near as I can tell. HAs anyone successfully overcome this? My last ditch effort is going to be to take the cord going from the stick to throttle and plug it directly into the pc. If that doesn't work, I think I will need a new stick. Unless someone here knows of a working solution.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi TAG. I too use an X52 and have done for many years. I also had an issue with what you are describing a couple of years ago on a Saitek X52. I wasn't the only one that experienced it, I know of at least one other with a different stick, but it ended up not being a problem with the joystick. 

I am wracking my brains trying to remember how it was resolved but I can't put my finger on it. It may have been calibrating the stick within the stick software, replacing the drivers or starting again in game by backing up and deleting the 'input' folder from the 'data' folder. Next time the game is started it creates a new default 'input' folder so it is like starting from scratch. I will ask Painless as he was one of the others that had the issue.

In case you want to try a different driver I have attached the original Saitek 64bit one I use along with the original Saitek SST software programme. My stick is a Logitech but the Saitek driver and software work absolutely fine with the stick and Windows 10 64bit. 

Edit: I spoke to painless and he fixed his issue he believes by adjusting the pitch curve in the game settings.

Cheerzen

Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_SD6_64.exe SST_Software_64_6_6_6_9.exe

• 1. DDz Quorum
3 hours ago, Jabo said:

Most PCs these days don't have a PS2 socket (I know mine doesn't) - and I think those that do are dedicated for mouse and/or keyboard. Does the joystick even work without the throttle?

On an X52 hotas the PS2 to PS2 cable connects the joystick to the throttle, there is then a cable with a USB connector from the throttle to the PC.  I have seen posts on forums where peeps use just the throttle section of the hotas but not any where just the joystick is being used. Not to say it can't be done.

• 1. DDz Quorum

In reality the X52 hotas system works fine with GBS, my setup is entirely Saitek/Logitech hardware with X52Pro, rudder pedals and 3 quadrants with Saitek/generic drivers. No Logitech software.