Tunisia Mod

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sorry, but I am not going to go there ... 

I do not want to run the risk of botching up an installation. Not looking forward to "Well, you just browse to the folder. .. blah blah,.. and delete files xyz ... " repair actions.

There's plenty of maintenance already with the current updates, and changes to mission files...

(Please, do realize I got at least three installations to keep in good working order ... and although the dserver ones run without mods  ... No. I'm out...)

• 3 months later...

I've done some testing for the mod's creator and it's a real winner.  Off Winters has even removed the grass to give the repaint a truly authentic look.  (an additional file can be d/l'ed and installed if you want it back).

Be advised that when installed it does more than change the ground textures, it repaints ground units too.  Trucks, tanks and some buildings take on a desert camo, the trains become Afrika Korps trains.  These are global changes (via JSGME) so if left installed other maps will have certain objects that remain painted as desert items.  But all you need to do is uninstall the mod and everything goes back to game defaults.

It is a wonderful mod though and, in  my opinion, better that Tobruk Desert War as from what I've seen GB looks much better graphically, at least to me.  It does lack the planeset and that is it's only real selling point to me.

I heartily endorse using the mod when ready.