Dog Fight Scenario - STOP PRESS IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Would people be happy with no icons at all? @FT - Can we do that at server level?

It is a small battle area so should not be a problem finding each other, might make it a bit more challenging for the flyers?

I was going to say no external views (other than those allowed in the tanks for open hatches etc) but no jumping around next enemy etc or going external and zooming up into the sky.

• 1. DDz Quorum
22 minutes ago, Friar said:

Would people be happy with no icons at all? @FT - Can we do that at server level?

It is a small battle area so should not be a problem finding each other, might make it a bit more challenging for the flyers?

I was going to say no external views (other than those allowed in the tanks for open hatches etc) but no jumping around next enemy etc or going external and zooming up into the sky.

This morning's Old Gits' session was a good one for a lot of reasons and there were lots of learning points, particularly in tank fighting. We used the map from last night's Dogz session and most of the battle was close to, or within, wooded areas. What we found was that if the opposing tank was in open ground then it's icon was clearly visible provided the other tank had an unobstructed view of it. However, if one or both tanks were in amongst the trees then either tank's icon MAY be visible fully, partially or completely obscured by the trees. Even moving a tank MAY not cause the icon to appear in view again. This meant that close skirmishes happened without icons being seen by one or both of the tanks and a tank commander was reliant on his Mark 1 eyeball in identifying type, position, muzzle flash and fall of shot. This was also the case when skirmishing around buildings.

Because of the above I am happy to have icons on but would not have F2 external view on. 

• 1. DDz Quorum

We will be fighting in a town so the icon may be hidden by buildings if it is in the next street.

Any planes flying over will have a clear view of who is who by the dot(if they have the mod) or the icon if not.

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

I think it should be externals off and icons off too.

I don't see a problem with friendly fire as far as the tanks are concerned and if you have icons on then the tanks are going to stand out for the planes like a cornish pasty to a seagull with much the same effect.

Not just to the planes, to the other tankers as well... lol.

In that test setup, I managed to simply hurl some shells at a red square in the distance and get a kill... Brilliant ... 

• 1. DDz Quorum
40 minutes ago, Painless said:

I have Tank Crew now 👍🏻🤓

Oh man! Where does this end! This is no good at all... anóther one!

Lets just all forget about these silly distracktions, and move to DCS and go for the most modern Jets! We gotta move along fast! Time is limited! We are all doomed I tell YA!

:shaunv2:

• Haha 1