Dog Fight Scenario - STOP PRESS IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute,

Having been speaking to a few people I have slightly been taken by surprise as to how many people were looking forward to driving a tank in this event. This had me worried that I had not planned enough in the mission for them to do.

To this end after many hours previously working on the scenario I have today come up with a new scenario which I think will work really well (cough, "we will be the judge of that Friar". Signed DDz).

I have created a completely new scenario by building the map myself rather than using the Syn_Vander generated mission.

We have now moved to the town of Veghel on the Rhineland map. The scenario will be "Capture the flag". We will run it for a maximum of 90 minutes (unless by popular demand people want to keep going or shorter if people have had enough!).

The flag (which is quite clever in that when a player is within the required range of 75 meters will change to the applicable country and then raise up the flag pole.) Should the "occupier" be killed and his place taken by the opposition the flag will come down and go back up with their colours.

Slight issue. There is only 1 bridge that leads to the area you need to be in to "capture the flag". (Don't be fooled by the map, I have removed the other bridge which could have been used ;) )

Tanks will spawn to the north west and north east respectively of the town and will have to fight their way across it to get to the bridge. The flag location is shown by the yellow dot.

Pilots and those who do not wish to drive a tank. Don't think I have forgotten you. 

There are two air fields where you will start on the runway with engines running. Flight time for both sides is approximately 2 minutes. You will have a part to play in assisting to spot the ground movements through the town and also to try and take the enemy out. But beware. I have added an available fighter to each side as well. Can you gain air superiority to assist your ground forces in getting to the flag?

There are no AI planes or tanks in this scenario but I may add some static targets to keep you on your toes and perhaps some light AAA as well.

Friar.

Tank Battle.JPG

Flag1.JPG

Flag2.JPG

• Like 3

• 1. DDz Quorum

@Delta - I did not want the pilots saying they are spending too long away from the action. So I am going to pack the airfields with high intensity AAA and also protect their route into the area.

We could also say No Vulching! The aim of this mission is for the tanks to capture the flag. If you are camped over an airfield you are not helping your ground forces achieve this goal.

I will think about about adding other airfields if the pilots think that is the right thing to do.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
13 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Perhaps we should leave that for ‘private’ conversations😎

Yeah, like should I know Arthur is like in a tank, I would not want him to know I am like in a tank-destroyer-killer-88-x2! That'd be like classificed information and shift!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

Yeah, like should I know Arthur is like in a tank, I would not want him to know I am like in a tank-destroyer-killer-88-x2! That'd be like classificed information and shift!

If the square heads wish to reveal their intentions here please don't let me stop them!

Since it's your birthday, I'll let you into one of our BIG secrets; 

I'll be wearing a Marge Simpson wig on the night.  Look out for a Sherman with this driving it.

Read the heartwarming apology letter Barbara Bush wrote to Marge Simpson |  Marge simpson, Simpsons drawings, Simpson

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Crash said:

I think icons on and external views allowed might make it a touch easy to spot traps and sneak attacks.

Agree very much.  If externals are on then we can park up our tanks, hit F11 and a take a stroll around the map with our mouse and spot the baddies.