just wanted to say thanks.

Like it says in the title, was fun flying with you guys last night, and also thanks for the warm and friendly welcome.

It did highlight a few things, I totally sucked ass, lol. I have a lot of practicing to do. i didnt realise how rusty I have become, but then I guess a 10 year haitus would do that.
its pretty clear though there is a void to cross to catch up to you guys. lol

anyway, thanks for your patience, and also the snippets of advice, I'd forgotten some of the finer points of flying and CEM so its going to take a while to get back up to speed, plus each different type of plane has its own nuances.
Im likely to totally suck for a little while while I get my head round things, but most of all i think its just experience flying and that will come in time.

anyway, it felt good to be back up there again, and also feels great to be meeting some new people. :)

• Like 3

• 1. DDz Quorum

Your Welcome. There are plenty of guys that are willing to help you with different areas of expertise.

Fly which ever way is best for you. 

We also probably need to get you up to speed with the mods that we use (but that can come when the current information overload has settled down a bit!)

Cheers

Friar

• 2. Administrators

Anyway...Good to see you online Tony, hope you are able to get some regular stick time. If you're intending to fly the P-38 campaign, and need some assistance setting up multi-engine controls, I'm happy to jump on TS and assist (outside office hours, I'm supposed to be working - lol).

I do need to work on my craftiness for sure.

yes I had been practicing my basic flight, but not so much combat training, that usually comes on the job I find.
At least for the most part I was able to keep up with formations etc... its like riding a bike, you dont forget, but you definitely need to do it often to pull any stunts. :)

oh and my other hobby, definitely not underwater blow football. lol have a look at my instagram. you can see some of my photoshop work in action.

https://www.instagram.com/tonyfoot/

try to behave on there!

P38's are tonight arent they!?

I should be ok with my mapping etc... it was a bit odd that when I joined your DF server some of my bindings werent functioning properly as they had been when I was playing solo, but theyve been reset now and appear to be working ok.
anyway, hopefully thats fixed now.

one thing I have done barely no practice on is taxiing. but I guess theres not loads of that on campaign nights, otherwise we could be there a while. lol 20 SECONDS!!!!

Oh and, I've not really taken a P38 into combat yet. so its likely going to be a short flight for me. :)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Might be an idea to get some taxi practice in Tbone - we actually do more taxying in the campaign then any other of our events! 

It's a cold start at dispersal spawn (so you'll need to know how to start your engines if you have not already done so) and then we taxy from our dispersal to the into wind runway. P-38's a pussycat in that regards, but know that the rudder pedals do not steer the nose wheel; you'll need to have your left and right wheel brakes mapped to be able to make turns as that's the only way to steer!

Are you available around 2000 tonight? If so I can help you through a few starts and taxying practise if you'd like?

• 1. DDz Quorum

“oh and my other hobby, definitely not underwater blow football. lol have a look at my instagram. you can see some of my photoshop work in action.

https://www.instagram.com/tonyfoot/

try to behave on there! “

Bloody hell !! 👍🏻😳