Dog Fight Scenario- Limited Plane/Tank Numbers?

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute,

Should I set limited plane and tank numbers so that there is a consequence for getting shot down / destroyed?

As well as the Repair Rearm and Refuel points that the mission generator puts in I have added an Ambulance at the airfields and a tank repair station.

If the consensus is yes, then how many should we set and from the available plane sets does each side want to nominate a smaller set of aircraft to pick from? Say a fighter(s), a fighter/bomber and a bomber. We then set the stock available, say 10 of each? (My opening suggestion, arrived at by wetting my finger and sticking it in the air)

Really happy to take suggestions so we get the best experience.

Friar

I say yes, as if you dont have a consequence for loosing an aircraft, then it would be possible to bomb and then hit refly or kamikaze into the target as may times as you want. Have as many second line aircraft as you want, but assets should be valued.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Regarding rotation of pilots on each side with for example only three aircraft in the air at one time from each side...

It would be useful to know who would like to fly some of the time and who would like to stay in a tank for the duration ? Then we will know if time limits or maximum sortie numbers need to be imposed or not. 

I think tanks should be unlimited and aircaft limited depending on number of of fighters and flak density, if low like on the P-38 mission then say 3 per pilot. If higher then more. Plane type is more difficult, but I'd keep it simple put up a proposed list, let folk have a say then make a decision by throwing some chicken bones in the air and see how they land, you won't please everyone anyway 😆😆😆

• 1. DDz Quorum

Remember that this scenario is based on a Syn_Vander Mission Generator for planes and sometimes flight times are not short hops. There are also AI bombers for both sides that will attempt to attack the objectives as well as AI air patrols.

The 3 objectives required to win the map are defined by the generation, I have modified it to add the tanks in. I have placed the tank spawn points  so that both sides could use their tanks offensively to either have a go at attacking an objective (and blowing stuff up) or at least weaken the defences for the air attack and defensively to help protect one of the objectives, so tactics could be important, but also with game play in mind as I am sure the tank drivers will want to encounter other tanks.

I think it will help if I publish a picture of the map and location of the airfields and objectives. I am writing this in bed with a cuppa so will add later.

I would like to think that we as group will fly the scenario in an honourable way, eg not throwing away your plane after attacking an objective and making the trip home, also no camping at tank spawn points should a side gain an advantage. I am also adding air start spawn points which I am going to say can be used only after you have made it home from a mission at least once.

As this is the first time we have done anything like this together I don't want to make it too complicated, but acknowledge there does need to be some ground rules / guide lines for the engagement but hope to learn from the outcomes if I get it wrong and take forward what actually worked.

Above all, the aim, as always with the  Dogz is to have fun.

• Like 3

• 1. DDz Quorum

I said this morning that I would put a picture up of the map to help with the scenario.

The attached is seen from the allies side. If I had picked an Axis plane the same would have been visible but Defend / Objectives reversed.

As you can see the objectives for the Allies are to attack a transport column, to attack an ammo dump and to attack armour.

For the Axis it is to attack an ammo dump, a train and a bridge.

I have placed the tanks with spawn points for both sides to both attack and defend one of their objectives (if they so wish), the Axis the armour and the Allies the bridge.

I am going to say put up as many planes as you want, at the moment is 10 v 11, (remember that you will be expected to fly back to your base at least once as you would be expected be covering your objectives remember. (I have not added in the air starts yet)

These objectives are what they are, I will not be changing them fro this scenario, so this is what we will be going with.

NOTE: I have this evening removed all AI flights so there will be no AI bombers or patrols, it will be just down to hoomans to take out and defend the objectives.

Regards

Friar

EDIT: Just noticed that the Allies second tank spawn point is not included in this screen grab. I will add another picture.

Objectives.JPG00

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

@Arthur - There are no specific tank objectives. I imagine them targeting (or defending) the ones generated by the mission.

I am thinking about adding extra targets for the tanks should the ones on the map be taken out.

There are no AI moving tanks.

There is artillery and anti aircraft. As to where they are, that is for the tanks to find or be directed in from the air to assist?