Which Mod do you use for Icons please?

Hi All, 

It was discussed on ops last week that you all use a mod which allows for icons to be displayed, albeit small. This is why you could all see the enemy aircraft below the cloud, but I could not as I am not using any icons of any sort and never have in all the years I have played since original IL2. 

Could you let me know which mod it is you use please so I can have a look at it, and ensure I am not at a disadvantage in spotting. I think I may have frustrated Artie and ApeHill by staying above the clouds, for a fair bit on the op as I could't see the contacts. It would be good to be in the same ball park as the rest of you. 

Just to add - I have looked on the forum, but the mods room here seems to be all old mods for CLOD, nothing to do with BOX. 

Many thanks:thumbsu: 

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey Reggie, I think most use just the small triangle icons for aircraft in the air both friendly and enemy. Usually red for enemy and blue for friendly irrespective of which side you fly on. No names shown, no distance shown. The colour only becomes clear as the distance reduces.
For ground targets most see a small square icon, again coloured accordingly.

You are right, it would put you at a huge disadvantage to see no icons at all especially in a fur ball or for ground targets so please feel free to use whatever you are comfortable with.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I know it's something I have gone on about a lot....🙄... but I get disappointed when our guys call out enemy aircraft that have been spotted on the mini map or main map. Not many still use full icons ie. names, types, distances, but I don't see the need for them at all as long as each of us has a dot or triangle to aid in spotting similar to what the majority use now. I would love to have the '46 system where icons can be set to be visible at a distance but we don't. Still hoping.....

• Like 2

Thanks everyone, I will give it a try and see how I get on. With this aid in place I may even be able to return to VR, as I only stopped using it due to my spotting being so poor in VR. 🤔

• Thanks 1

ok, so I have downloaded and installed the mod, it shows up in JSGME, I have enabled it in JSGME and received no errors on enabling it - all looked good. Went into game and set up a few quick missions, I dont see icons on enemy aircraft in any of the missions, it is as if the mod just isn't working. Is there something I have forgotten here?

• 1. DDz Quorum
20 minutes ago, Reggie said:

ok, so I have downloaded and installed the mod, it shows up in JSGME, I have enabled it in JSGME and received no errors on enabling it - all looked good. Went into game and set up a few quick missions, I dont see icons on enemy aircraft in any of the missions, it is as if the mod just isn't working. Is there something I have forgotten here?

Icons may have been switched off in the Realism settings?

Keep it simple, and connect to our dogfight server, climb into a cockpit, make sure the HUD bar is visible, look around or press F2 and you should see a blue triangle over your a/c ... 

Hi guys, I have logged into the DD server with the mod activated, and it does not seem to be working, as there is no icon above my aircraft at all as FT said there should be. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have mods enabled in the game, and get the expected warning whenever I start the game - "Mods are enabled - blahblah" I also have the icon mod enabled through JSGME as shown in the screenshot below. This is how the mod creator stated he enables it as well in the thread (https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/38978-mod-icons/) Inside the mod folder below I have the "Data" and "SWF" folders, so it is not due to not extracting the folder properly. I have tried all the variety of the mod, and none of them seem to work. 

Any ideas would be appreciated so I can try and get this working to be on a more level playing field. If not, I will post in the IL2 mod forum as well :)

Mods.JPG

4 hours ago, Reggie said:

Thanks FT - that seems to work, so in order to see the icon, I have to have the instrument panel visible as well by the looks of it, do you all have that visible too?

I use the icon but I don't have the hud up.

I press H to get rid of the hud, server messages, chat and icons. I then press I and It gives me just the icons back.