Friday 21st - Hook up to knowledge share anyone?

• 1. DDz Quorum

ok, no worries.

yes, when I try to install i get and error almost immediately with 0 data down load. the error number says nothing and the link goes to a page that does not exist. packing up work for the day soon and will have another go

I bought it from Microsoft directly. Everything to do with it’s installation was a pain.  First of all I registered for an XBox for PC account. Then I had to register with Microsoft in order to purchase it. Let’s see...what was next? Oh yeah, I then tried to download it but Microsoft could not find a device to download it to so I had to register my PC with Microsoft- yes really! Then I was able to pre-download it. Only it doesn’t, it only d/l around 900mb which I think must have been the installer before stopping. I was able to download the other 130 odd gig the following morning. To compound matters, none of the above was obvious or straight forward on the various Microsoft web pages I was required to visit.  An absurd process.

• 2. Administrators
4 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

I bought it from Microsoft directly. Everything to do with it’s installation was a pain.  First of all I registered for an XBox for PC account. Then I had to register with Microsoft in order to purchase it. Let’s see...what was next? Oh yeah, I then tried to download it but Microsoft could not find a device to download it to so I had to register my PC with Microsoft- yes really! Then I was able to pre-download it. Only it doesn’t, it only d/l around 900mb which I think must have been the installer before stopping. I was able to download the other 130 odd gig the following morning. To compound matters, none of the above was obvious or straight forward on the various Microsoft web pages I was required to visit.  An absurd process.

I had a similar issue with Forza Horizon 4. Given that I had to go through the process above for that game, hopefully with installation of this one will be simpler. Will report back.

• 1. DDz Quorum

still no joy after many many attempts trying all sorts of things. At the point of giving up and trying to get my money back. The install process is a joke and simple research on the internet shows how many people are having the same sort of issues.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I agree with the install process. For such a major company and such a big project I am amazed how non intuitive and non supportive ie. lack of hints, it is.

I pre downloaded what was now obviously the installer onto my 'F' drive. I tried to install from the receipt link but it got to the 'Press any key' page and stopped. Only after a lonnng search online and after an uninstall/reinstall, updated windows10 manually to version 2004 (a very long process of almost 2 hours), updated nvidia drivers, did I find out about the xbox app. I didn't have the 'XBox (beta) App' installed - why it didn't say so beats me. So once I had downloaded and installed onto the 'F' drive it then went past the 'Press any key' page and started the process of downloading and installing - all in all about 3 hours. When finished it has started and run fine.

Bought the London city buildings expansion as it looks good and it’s an inexpensive way of dipping my toes in the water. I pressed the ‘Buy and Install’ button and went through the payment process and.....er.....where is it? My bank says I’ve paid for it and Microsoft say I own it but.....😱

• 1. DDz Quorum

when i try and install the xbox app it just sits at "making things awesome" and nothing happens.

I have converted my account to a microsoft account to sign onto my pc. still nothing. I have run the various re-sets and cmd promts, still nothing. 

Why is there no check list on how to install.

I am going to have one more go tonight and if I can not do it I am not going to waste any more time when I could be doing other things. It should not be this difficult to install a friggin game for god sake. I get others have done it but there is some process that i am not following or I need to go on some quest on the interweb to find an obscure post that explains that I need to keep my left leg off the floor when clicking run or something.

I made sure my OS is the latest. I have the latest nvidia drivers that are "game ready".  what other hoops must I jump through? 

• Sad 1