Other games the Dogz Play.

Reggie

Hey all, checking your calendar I see Clod (which I haven't played for years but should maybe install Blitz and have a go) and DCS which I haven't played at all are regular Dogs games and have Dogs nights. Just wondered if any of you play any WW2 based FPS games such as Post Scriptum or Hell Let Loose? 

• 1. DDz Quorum

Not officially, but I think some here may have mentioned Post Scriptum...

I've been looking with interest at Hell Let Loose; as an old player of Day of Defeat it certainly looks incredible and would certainly scratch an itch for WW2 FPS I occasionally suffer with but as I barely have the time to keep my DCS and GBS commitments as it is, my head says "No"!

16 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:

NO.

Ouch, I will consider myself shouted at for what I thought was a perfectly reasonable question. Is there some history here that I am unaware of?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey Reggie, FT has for many years been very comedic in his outbursts against  “other games”. When we flew 46 and members dared to discuss other flight sims or worse still other genres, he would shout “THERE IS ONLY ONE GAME !!!”  We had to have him sedated to get GBS and DCS installed on his computer. So it looks like you have joined the club mate 👍🏻😉

Ain’t that the truth Arjenski ?? 😘

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Painless said:

Hey Reggie, FT has for many years been very comedic in his outbursts against  “other games”. When we flew 46 and members dared to discuss other flight sims or worse still other genres, he would shout “THERE IS ONLY ONE GAME !!!”  We had to have him sedated to get GBS and DCS installed on his computer. So it looks like you have joined the club mate 👍🏻😉

Ain’t that the truth Arjenski ?? 😘

Ahh, I see. 

Well, I hate to break it to him, but there are many games out there....several I play in fact....GBS, Elder Scrolls Online, Hell Let Loose...and so on.

I reinstalled CLOD Blitz today, haven't played it since 2018 according to Steam, I looked at Tobruk, but honestly, just cant bring myself to spend the amount they want for it at the moment, still suffering from PTSD from what CLOD turned out to be at release😨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2. Administrators
5 minutes ago, Crash said:

FT isn't keen on jets either

He's coming around... i have video evidence of him in a Tomcat!

I have often thought about Hell let loose and Post scriptum, after watching several vids by nano on them (pretty amusing).

I still occasionally fire up elite dangerous,  want to find more time for assetto corsa and enjoy the assassin's creed games for some open world fun (mainly in the winter when i have more time).

Have been getting my fps kick occasionally in starwars battlefront 2, and will definitely be getting star wars squadrons on day one of release. Flying an x wing in VR is not something I'm going to pass up on!

At the moment though due to work, I'm not doing much, other than learning the f14, f16 and f18 in dcs. Learning 3 jets is an undertaking, although I'm pretty competent in all 3 now which is pretty rewarding. 

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well, apart from GBS I only dabble in World of Tanks now. Got such a good collection of vehicles it would be madness to give it up. So easy to drop into for a couple of hours and is an easy change of scenery. Have to say that GBS tanks is very good too.... 

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators

Apart from GBS and CloD (which I'm getting back into), these days I'm only really playing Forza Horizons 4 and a smidgen of Skyrim very occasionally. FPS games don't really hold much interest for me although I've played Battlefield and Black Ops before.

• 2. Administrators

Me too, just bought the all singing dancing version of it.

The thought of flying over anywhere in the world with those gfx is just to tempting. 

Already planning my site seeing trips. Early doors is going to be a jumbo in the grand canyon 🤣.

The himalayas,  the central highlands in Vietnam,  the serengeti,  flying up the amazon.... oh and crashing into my 🏠!

• Haha 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

So looks like we might need a new forum thread on MSFS 2020 then.

Shall we plan a launch party - release date is a dogz night so how about the Friday evening. Apparently you can create private areas, so a DangerDogz zone seems like a nice idea?

@fruitbat  - no ACC purchase though?