Microsoft FlightSim 2020

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators
On 8/12/2020 at 4:11 PM, FoolTrottel said:

Yeah, we really need a Poll... titled "There is only One game" ... Just like the good ol' days, 

The results of which we can then ignore...just like the good ol' days.

• Haha 2

Got it going around midnight with just the very basics mapped to my MSFFB2 and graphics settings not touched at all.  TrackIr worked fine as did new Nvidia drivers released today with support for this sim.  Exeter to Dunkeswell via Sidmouth - a flight I’ve made many times in various light aircraft. Astonishing 😎.  

• 1. DDz Quorum

could not get mine to download last night but thanks to Sid I now see I have to install the xbox app

dont forget Arthur - your DAA (Dangerdogz Aviation Authority) approved call sign is Git-Delta Delta Alpha Romeo

• 1. DDz Quorum

No piccies yet....

Took off from Staverton airport near Gloucester at about 1900 local time in the twin engined Diamond.

Picked up the M5 motorway and followed it north towards Worcester with the River Severn and the Malvern Hills on my left....all very good looking and familiar. Flew over Upton Marina with all the boats moored up, over Worcester (minus the cathedral) and over Droitwich Spa. I could recognise the layout and the street mapping is very accurate....my place is there although it is still pre 2017 when the Oso salt works was a cleared area.

Flew back to Staverton in a very nice light with the sun going down behind the Malverns. Approached the airport over the motorway and landed, taxied to the hanger area where there were ground crew batoning me in. Switched off. Staverton is very well modelled and is an accurate portrayal of the airport, even down to me being directed to the correctly placed luggage handling area.

All in all, I am impressed and am looking to getting some more hours in.

For those having install issues I hope you do manage to get it installed because it is worth it.

Woke up this morning to grotty weather here so decided to take a quick flip around Dunkeswell - our local GA airfield = in real time weather. 

Note the proximity of two other abandoned airfields.   Apologies for the sound, I think the game is slightly bugged at the moment.

• 1 month later...