Microsoft FlightSim 2020

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Has anyone found the reason for the game's failure to start? I believe it follows the latest Windows update to 20H2. On clicking the .exe I get the small blue turning circle for maybe 5 seconds and that's it. 

I have done a lot of searches and found things like, amongst other things, the game services App and the Community folder may be the culprit. However, there doesn't seem to be a fix other than reinstalling or maybe using the microsoft powershell utitity.

I have two mods and there are activated via JSGME so it isn't my Community folder.

Open to suggestions.

• 2. Administrators

I got around to patching this yesterday, all 29 gigs of it!

Had a bimble around the grand canyon then somewhere in England (don't actually know where i clicked, somewhere in the middleish!).

Turned everything up to Ultra for shits and giggles, and in 4K, my eight core overclocked to 5.0Ghz and Rtx 2080Ti with 11gig of memory and superfast fibre, can just about get mid 30's fps, lol.

But, but, those clouds are so bloody amazing!

• Like 2

• 2. Administrators

So I succumbed to buying the MB-339 today to get a slightly faster fix in this, and whist its not a grey jet, it goes someway to scratching that itch....

The clouds in this game are just something else, it doesn't really matter to me at the moment where I'm flying, just give me broken clouds!!!!! I love them!!!!

Edit, I had no idea where I landed, other than north west ish of London, after a bit of searching on google maps (sorry microsoft.....) found it was Abingdon Airfield, just south of Oxford,

https://goo.gl/maps/zzhaTsDc3zi9AmuJ9

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Followed this Airbus from takeoff in Gibraltar in realtime and live weather as it climbed and headed north.  i can just imagine the drinks trolley on board doing a roaring trade.

"When do we touch down in Birmingham, Miss?"

"In an hour and twenty minutes sir"

"Great. I'll have a treble brandy and coke, the wife will have a double vodka and granny will have a large gin and orange." 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks pretty good.  I've updated and installed the UK scenery - a six and a half hour process:huh: - but other than a little, local trot around I've not explored it yet.

With the new height map the Jurassic Coast looks very authentic except for the freakin' trees!  Not only has it trees on the beach a' la CLoD but also trees up the cliffs!

Interesting to see Heathrow in the near distance at the end of your movie.  I wonder if Boris will one day be able to afford the courage of his convictions and build a new London Airport out in the Thames Estuary?

• 2. Administrators
2 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Looks pretty good.  I've updated and installed the UK scenery - a six and a half hour process:huh: - but other than a little, local trot around I've not explored it yet.

With the new height map the Jurassic Coast looks very authentic except for the freakin' trees!  Not only has it trees on the beach a' la CLoD but also trees up the cliffs!

Interesting to see Heathrow in the near distance at the end of your movie.  I wonder if Boris will one day be able to afford the courage of his convictions and build a new London Airport out in the Thames Estuary?

6 and half hours 🤪

I probably shouldn't mention it took me less than hour!

Well I downloaded my first free mod earlier, which was very easy it transpired, the QE2 Bridge at the Dartford crossing, as the world update missed it out.

Oh and curiosity got the better of me...... because why wouldn't you try this, lol.

I like that there is a momentary pause as the game tries to decide what to do, then just goes ah well bugger it.....