Microsoft FlightSim 2020

1 hour ago, Jabo said:

Thinking about it Arthur - be interesting to see if any warbirds make it in - FS2000 had some fantastic mod ones.

It seems to be geared up for third-party stuff. 

If this thing really is everything it's mean't to be - and system requirements are relatively modest - then I think it's about to turn flight-simming on it's head.  Yes, we will obviously want to carry on our evenings of shooting and 'kersplosions but.....

How about a finger-four of Airbus A320's?  We'll airstart over the Hague and then we'll visit FT's house and circle it.  Yes, really.  Or a grand tour of the UK?  We'll form-up over Crash's place then head over the Welsh Mountains to buzz Sid and onto your place Jabo.  Then we'll head south over Duxford,  check out Reggie then onto the Dartford bridge to annoy the neighbours of Blubear and Fenrir.  We can hang a sharp right over Fruitbat then follow the Battle of Britain coast down to Painless's place before ending up at the western end of the Jurassic coast where I slum it.  

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Looks very very nice.What would do for me is a float plane, some mountains and water to play with...

Here is a start :) just found it is in the list of aircraft

The older I get, the more of a pacifist I am becoming, so this does indeed interest me. To be honest, flying has always come first for me, the combat is secondary.
Realistically, I'm not sure I will achieve my goal of a PPL any time soon; certainly not in the next decade and then who knows what the general aviation industry will look like then?

So MSFS + VR sure does look like a desirable way of getting part way to fulfilling the yearning and flying around some jaw dropping scenery with a bunch of mates off the interwebs sounds cool yeah?

• Like 4

• 1. DDz Quorum
46 minutes ago, BluBear said:

The older I get, the more of a pacifist I am becoming, so this does indeed interest me. To be honest, flying has always come first for me, the combat is secondary.
Realistically, I'm not sure I will achieve my goal of a PPL any time soon; certainly not in the next decade and then who knows what the general aviation industry will look like then?

So MSFS + VR sure does look like a desirable way of getting part way to fulfilling the yearning and flying around some jaw dropping scenery with a bunch of mates off the interwebs sounds cool yeah?

I like the idea of flying with mates, but when you are in your virtual reality, and I am in my we are in our own, are all of use really there?

Could become mighty confusing. To me us anyways... shoot, it is already!  

4 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:

but when you are in your virtual reality, and I am in my we are in our own, are all of use really there?

Could become mighty confusing. To me us anyways... shoot, it is already!  

Ahhhh.....a philosophical discussion!

Wasn't it Plato who said "If a bear shits in the woods and a tree falls on him, how will we know if he's buried his nuts?"

• Haha 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

If I am pink, does that make me spam?

I am seriously considering buying this and having a proper go at starting on a Cessna and working up.

Flying with a group of mates would be excellent as well.

Can you imagine the skilled, measured, controlled environment of a bunch of dogz at an airfield with one us playing ATC, what could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Beta footage from someone who is obviously not too bothered about breaking the NDA this close to release. 

https://gofile.io/d/77l4em?fbclid=IwAR1pZAgyFyg1-qF-5bHF3stKAGrORwXTw2lrcaAJHs5JwhDjc_sswLMuNDI

Obviously some anomolies with bridges and some odd trees and buildings but the flight over Manhattan is fairly astonishing.  

The big question now;  will it have TrackIr support on release?