Sign in to follow this  
Sid

New aircraft skins

I have put some new skins I have made into the 'downloads' section and also uploaded them into the Skault for downloading with Checkskins.

2 x Bf109E7, generic night scheme and a NJG 3 night scheme

2 x Bf110E, generic night scheme and a 'Channel Dash' generic scheme with night undersurfaces and sea green upper surfaces applied for the occasion. I will get some codes on the 110s when I have worked on getting the wrap around nose art on....

Cheerzen

109 e7 codes.jpg

110e Channel dash generic.jpg

110e generic night.jpg

• Like 5

Do you have a link to the template pack Sid? Fancy having a go at this myself.

Yep. Here and here for if the first one doesn't have it in 4k.

The templates are excellent, I have to say the work on them is absolutely first class. They are the starting point, if you want to add different colours etc. then look for 'WW2 Color Swatches' for a Photoshop plugin with all the national colours . There is a mass of info out there, if you want any assistance drop me a PM.

New skin I've made for the 262, Red 2 of 10/NAGr 11. In the vault and available via Checkskins :)

Red 2 262.jpg

• Thanks 1

Seen some pictures of bare metal and wood MiG 3s so decided to give it a go. Nice contrast to the camo ones I think.

In the vault and on Checkskins.

Black nose

No markings

White '46'

Mig metal and wood.jpg

Mig Black nose.jpg

Mig markings.jpg

• Like 3

In the 1930s the USSR had an I-16 display team! This zip file has aircraft 1 - 5 and an unnumbered skin. Different :)

Available in the vault here and via Checkskins.

Cheerzen

Aerobatic I16s (2).jpg

This skin represents an AAC1 Toucan, a post war French Built version of the Ju52. This one is a representation of one flown by the French air force in IndoChina in the 50s.

It can be downloaded from the vault here or via Checkskins.

Cheerzen 

AAC1 Ju52 2.jpg

AAC1 Ju52 1.jpg

An La5FN skin as flown by Sid(ony Gitsev) ;) . Download from the vault here or via Checkskins.

Cheerzen

FN 2.jpg

FN 1.jpg

• Thanks 1

Two A20 skins representing those adopted by the US Navy and Marine Corps in 1942. In reality, all defensive and offensive armament was removed as they were used for general duties but hey, this is us and we use them for whatever we want :) Navy one has early markings that had the red dot that was eventually removed and the sea grey/grey colour demarcation is slightly different.

Available here, in the vault and via checkskins.

Cheerzen

A20 US Navy.jpg

A20 BD2 USMC.jpg

A20B_USMC_BD2.dds A20B_US Navy.dds

• Thanks 4

A night fighter Bf110 used in Operation Donnerkeil, the air component of Operation Cerberus (the Channel Dash of Scharnhost, Gneisenau and Prinz Eugen) February, 1942. Upper surfaces crudely overpainted with Dark Sea Green for over-water operations.

Download here or from vault or Skalt.

Cheerzen

110E2 Channel Dash.jpg

110E2 Channel dash.dds

• Thanks 1

A 110 G2 of 6/ZG 1 in the scheme it had in Sicily and on moving to Brest in France 1943. There aren't many different schemes for the G2, the more interesting ones are G4s, the radar equipped version, but I don't want to go there as they had a different nose and were equipped with the four antennae sticking out of it. One thing you see when skinning or taking screenies is the level of detail there is in the aircraft....the muzzle on the belly gun is really good :)....hence the close up.

Available, here, vault and Skault.

Cheerzen

110 close up.jpg

110G2_6.ZG1_Aug43.dds

• Thanks 1

This P51 is a work in progress and wow, it does take time. it is a brilliant template, the finishes are very very good and it can look very very nice. The piccie below really doesn't do it justice.

However, the template doesn't come with D Day stripes, fuselage camo or two tone green on the wings. The time I have spent on this, upward of 20 hours, is taken in lining up wing/flap/ailerons/elevators/associated trim tabs colour demarcation. They are all separate components but aren't lined up on the template so require some trial and error to get them lined up. I am almost there...I have basic D day stripes ready for the lower wings and fuselage sides but the lower fuselage curves and is looking to be a few more hours.

I am glad I started it now as if I had begun when we move onto P51s from P38s in Tom's campaign I would have regretted offering to do personal ones. Perhaps by the time we get P51s D Day stripes would be obsolete....

Cheerzen

Added fuselage D day stripes....wow....nothing straight stripes are mostly curves. Had to match aircraft underneath with sides 🤪 

Sid's P51.jpg

Sid's P51 D Day stripes fuselage.jpg

Edited by Sid
Now with added fuselage stripieness :)
  • Like 4

I started to make a night fighter camo scheme for a 262 but thought that it looks good in all light blue before the camo swirls were added.

Available here and in the usual places :)

262 blue.jpg

262A Red 5.dds

• Like 1