Caught on camera.....nicely

Sid

• 1. DDz Quorum

Me and my mate Nige go out on our motorcycles, he has a 650 Suzuki Bandit, every Sunday and occasional week day evenings. We usually head off towards Hereford via a number of routes in order to get a coffee and maybe a bacon butty somewhere. Last Sunday we went via Worcester and on the A44 towards Bromyard we saw a 'Biker Pics - Slow Down' sign placed before a layby and a right hand bend. As we approached a guy was there with his camera and zapped off some piccies as we went past. I smiled and Nige waved as we went past.

Curious as to what it was about I went online later in the day and found this, Biker Pics Looked on the site and lo and behold, here I am, grinning away, enjoying the ride and the fact that someone's hobby involves me in a remote sort of way. There are some great pics in the albums, they take piccies of bikes, classic cars, sports cars too. Good to look at :)

Ride by #1.jpg

Ride by #2.jpg

Ride by #3.jpg

• Like 5

• 1. DDz Quorum
9 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Me thinks another ten degrees over and a handy bump in the road and that mainstand will start scrapping the tarmac! 

Looking at piccies is when you see things like that, don't ever get that opportunity. However, the view is a bit deceptive as on the right side the first thing to touch the tarmac is the outside of my boot as I angle my feet out when cornering to find the limit. As can be seen in the piccie, there is a bit of chamfering on the left side of the foot lever part of the centre stand, it's scraped on the section seen below where the exhaust pipe joins the silencer. 

The rear tyre is almost new but is well scrubbed now. It's always interesting to look at it after a ride to see how close to the edge of the tread the scrubbing is, currently it's a couple of mm. I am always conscious of grounding but so far so good, my exuberance is only wearing away my boots....mostly!

• 1 year later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Caught on camera again....

Out on the Guzzi with my mate last Sunday and the bikerpics photographer was on the same bend as last time on the A44 Bromyard to Worcester road. We were coming from the opposite direction this time. I was using my left foot as my angle of dangle indicator, it was skimming the road surface nicely. @Arthur, the centre stand is off now, it scraped once on a left hander in a dip where the suspension was close to bottoming out so I removed it....

Worcester.29.08.2021.jpg

• Like 3

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, Sid said:

Caught on camera again....

Out on the Guzzi with my mate last Sunday and the bikerpics photographer was on the same bend as last time on the A44 Bromyard to Worcester road. We were coming from the opposite direction this time. I was using my left foot as my angle of dangle indicator, it was skimming the road surface nicely. @Arthur, the centre stand is off now, it scraped once on a left hander in a dip where the suspension was close to bottoming out so I removed it....

Worcester.29.08.2021.jpg

Elbows next then Sidly 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1