Engine start Allied Twin engined aircraft - Bug?

• 1. DDz Quorum

On our DF server: P38: Hit start engine button, engine start procedure begins. Hit button again, engine stop procedure begins. Hit Engine start button again: Nothing happens, as if the button is broken or unassigned. Finish mission, start again, and button works. (This occured to me last P38 mission, due to a worn out button.)

Tested following twin engined aircaft that have this 'bug':

- P38, A20B, Pe2-35 

Aircraft tested that do not have this 'bug':

- 110G2, P51D, Pe2-87 (!)

Is it a bug? Can anybody please test, and confirm/deny, and also test for other a/c? 

Edited by FoolTrottel
Added some a/c types to the list.

• 1. DDz Quorum
19 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

Nope, button was replaced.

So, you can start engines in P38, stop them - like before they even started - and then restart them again?

yes, I can do that. However I don't use 'E' at all for aircraft engines, I have each engine start stop assigned individually.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well, that did not help.

Not even with clean keymapping, as in only Proppitch, Mix and engine start assigned.

Can someone please execute this exact simple test: Spawn in a P38. Set Mix to 100, RPM to 100.

Then hit the 'Engage engines start procedure / Stop engine' key TWICE. Not just once, but twice, nothing special  :) As if it did not take the first press.

And next, see what that 'Engage engines start procedure / Stop engine' does afterwards.

As a re-install did not fix it, and I even tried it on a separate computer/install. 

Now when I wait a while until both engines are running, then stop them, and wait until I see 'Battery off' message, I can re-start them just fine.

I pressed start and the sequence started and then I interupted the start by pressing again and the tech talk said switching off battery etc. Pressed again and.......NOTHING had to finish mission.

• 1. DDz Quorum
Just now, Perfesser said:

Confirmed. If you hit the button twice it's fuel off, engines stop. No presses of the "E" key after that have any effect,  HOWEVER, if you then use the RCtrl +1 and RCtrl + 2 (default start/stop for engines one and two) they will fire up.

Cools,

Thanks Very Much Perf! And Crash!

So, we can now stop testing, and we have a work around! :)

• 1. DDz Quorum
2 minutes ago, Crash said:

Or dont interupt the start sequence?

Sure, good idea, but...  I was not the only one that it happened to... I mean, it's just pressing a button/key twice, without you really wanting to do that... a mishap ...

5 minutes ago, Perfesser said:

Confirmed. If you hit the button twice it's fuel off, engines stop. No presses of the "E" key after that have any effect,  HOWEVER, if you then use the RCtrl +1 and RCtrl + 2 (default start/stop for engines one and two) they will fire up.

Heh, not exactly.... the "E" key will still stop the engines once running. You'll want to have more altitude than I did if you try this.

• 2. Administrators
On 6/14/2020 at 1:42 PM, FoolTrottel said:

Nope, button was replaced.

So, you can start engines in P38, stop them - like before they even started - and then restart them again?

Yes, no problem. But I use individual engine controls so I was using the workaround without realising it.

• Thanks 1