PWCG P-38 Lightning Strikes Co-op Campaign

• 1. DDz Quorum

Will be on parade tomorrow …… does anyone else want to have a go at leading 485th ?
If not, I am happy to pop my little twinkle toes into Fen’s ballet shoes until they get blown clean off again.

• Haha 3

Sorry chaps will be missing this one.:sad1:

I have to pick and sign my fall work (sept) sheet. :roadrage:The signup time falls directly on mission start time, dam work interfering with my flying time again LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Mission Date 24/12/44

402nd FS - Fighter Sweep, Malmedy sector

485th FS - Attack Bridges, Bastogne

193 Squadron - Attack Infantry Positions, Manhay

Debrief:

USAAF 9th Tactical Air Force

370th FG

402nd FS:

402nd Sqn Log 24-12-44 a.PNG

402nd Sqn Log 24-12-44 b.PNG

485th FS:

485th Sqn Log 24-12-44 a.PNG

RAF 2nd Tactical Air Force

No. 146 Wing

193 Squadron:

193Sqn Log 24-12-44 a.PNG

193Sqn Log 24-12-44 b.PNG

370th FG

Awards and Promotions:

485th FS:

Captain Les Payne is now the Commanding Officer of the 485th Fighter Squadron.

Personnel:

402nd FS:

A new pilot has been posted to the Squadron - we await confirmation of his identity.

485th FS:

2nd Lieutenant Franklin Onbach joins the squadron.

2nd Lieutenant Reggie Veggie joins the squadron.

A new pilot has been posted to the Squadron - we await confirmation of his identity.

• Thanks 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

GENTLEMEN TAKE NOTE:

370th FG: With the enemy advancing rapidly towards Florennes late this Christmas Eve we are obliged to find less unhealthy environs; the 370th FG will transfer to Y-32 Ophoven/Hasselt. We are flying out aircraft this evening and Operations will continue henceforth from this base from Christmas Day.

193 Sqn: As part of a general reshuffle to make way for various Yank units attempting to find suitable airfields to operate from within this sector we are to move to Kluis airfield. Operations will continue henceforth from this base from Christmas Day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, BluBear said:

What about the 402nd? 🙃

This is why staying up passed midnight writing debriefs ain't the best idea! 

Apologies to the fine gentlemen of the 402nd for any offence suffered. It shall be corrected forthwith.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Reggie said:

Reporting in for duty, fingers crossed everything works 😉

Noooooo, don't cross your fingers, it makes hitting the buttons and switches really difficult.

13 hours ago, Bob said:

Noooooo, don't cross your fingers, it makes hitting the buttons and switches really difficult.

Lol, and of course nothing worked - at least I got in in the end :)

• 1. DDz Quorum

This week the 485th made the most of that actor chap who rode the nuclear bomb in “Dr Strangelove”.
Assigned to destroy the river bridge in Givet, our three and two ship flights arrived in good time, all set to send some German types swimming, only to find that the bridge was already Kaput. 
After destroying all visible targets in the immediate area a brief discussion was had to determine what to do with our unused underbelly dangly bits. A sweep along enemy lines found a few targets dotted here and there, so we dispersed them further.

Some top notch bombing accuracy was displayed by uncle Bob rendering the tactic of hiding in the woods a bloody waste of time, good show !

We proceeded all the way to Bastogne because Tom “had some bullets left” but unfortunately no joy. All returned home without a problem and in fine spirits, delighted to taunt the 402nd about their “no show” mission. An excellent day 🖕🏻

• Haha 1