PWCG P-38 Lightning Strikes Co-op Campaign

• 1. DDz Quorum
4 hours ago, Reggie said:

(...) if one came in while I was flying I would have to leave and die (...)

Nope, leaving mid mission will not kill you. You go missing from the mission, and you will survive.

We've had people having game crashes, or internet drop outs kicking them out and they did not get killed.

If you need to leave, hit Escape, Finish Mission, Leave Server - and if you need to leave in a hurry, just press At-F4  ...

• 2. Administrators
3 hours ago, Bob said:

Might have to drag my old pc down from the loft, no sign or word on mine from Mesh computers?

That'll be the shortages then...

There are tentative signs that the GPU issue is starting to ease a tiny bit though. I was looking at the Scan website last night and they were showing some 3060Ti's in stock which is hopefully a positive...

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jabo said:

That'll be the shortages then...

There are tentative signs that the GPU issue is starting to ease a tiny bit though. I was looking at the Scan website last night and they were showing some 3060Ti's in stock which is hopefully a positive...

Overclockers have 3060ti 3070 3080 3080ti and 3090s in stock but they are expensive. Mine is now £500 more than the silly price I payed!

21 hours ago, Painless said:

Get one up Bob !

One hour in to updates!!!!!! Dont know if it will work tonight on coop server as not sure what files I will need to download (have not used this PC for coops)

excellent, managed to get sorted, test flight successfully achieved, took off, bombed ships, engaged 110's and achieved sufficient damage to require bailing rather than attempt landing. Normal service resumed and will be reporting for duties.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Morning guys, apologies, saw your post that I would be alive, and really wanted to make it - but ended up working on a customer's system failure anyway so couldn't jump on. Found out this morning, that the outage was caused by a 3rd Party making a change to script we didnt have control over - so that makes all the time investigating more frustrating 🤣

Sad to hear it didnt take though. Have we decided to start from scratch again? 

• 1. DDz Quorum
23 minutes ago, Reggie said:

Morning guys, apologies, saw your post that I would be alive, and really wanted to make it - but ended up working on a customer's system failure anyway so couldn't jump on. Found out this morning, that the outage was caused by a 3rd Party making a change to script we didnt have control over - so that makes all the time investigating more frustrating 🤣

Sad to hear it didnt take though. Have we decided to start from scratch again? 

Yes Reg, that is exactly what Tom is going to do. He has a record of everyone’s accumulative scores but will be starting afresh with all scores at zero. 

AWOL again tonight I am afraid chaps, bit of an F1 party going on tonight, and have been ordered by she who must be obeyed to be social and remain in front of the TV shouting for ??????? 

Hope it all goes well. 

Have some job changes happening as well soon, new job starting toward end of November, which I am hoping will stop any Out of Hours work - but as it is a global role, I am not sure what hours I will end up having to work to keep on top of things with timezones etc.  

• 1. DDz Quorum

No mission tonight boys, the next is scheduled for this coming Tuesday the 26th.

WARNING: as a result of the combination of the redux of the campaign and the reduced attendance in the past months I will be coalescing the P-38 squadrons; either the 402nd pilots will be transferred into the 485th or vice-versa.

This will make admin easier for me and I’m hoping reduce the likelihood of issues in the future.

The decision as to which way the transfer occurs will be based on a coin toss.

Anyone one who has an issue on this matter is invited to write it down on a piece of paper, carefully roll said piece of paper into a neat cylinder, secure with a suitable fastening then keep upon their person in the same manner as a suppository.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

• 1. DDz Quorum
10 minutes ago, Sid said:

Are you happy keeping the Tiffies Fen?

Absolutely Siddley - though Bob made a good suggestion last week when he suggested that maybe the inclusion of AI in our midst was causing the AAR failures so I’d like to try a few missions without to see.

• 1. DDz Quorum
4 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Absolutely Siddley - though Bob made a good suggestion last week when he suggested that maybe the inclusion of AI in our midst was causing the AAR failures so I’d like to try a few missions without to see.

Rodger dodge 👍

• 1. DDz Quorum
15 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

No mission tonight boys, the next is scheduled for this coming Tuesday the 26th.

WARNING: as a result of the combination of the redux of the campaign and the reduced attendance in the past months I will be coalescing the P-38 squadrons; either the 402nd pilots will be transferred into the 485th or vice-versa.

This will make admin easier for me and I’m hoping reduce the likelihood of issues in the future.

The decision as to which way the transfer occurs will be based on a coin toss.

Anyone one who has an issue on this matter is invited to write in down on a piece of paper, carefully roll said piece of paper into neat cylinder, secure with a suitable fastening then keep upon their person in the same manner as a suppository.

Problem ! I found myself bursting with ideas on the subject, did as I was told, now suffering from “altered gate syndrome”……… requesting advice on the next best step ?

(hoping it’s a very small step)