PWCG P-38 Lightning Strikes Co-op Campaign

Am I a POW? There wasnt any front lines on the map and after being hammered by AAA, who where a bit upset with me shooting at them, I flew west. The engine then packed up and I dead sticked into a field.

29 minutes ago, BluBear said:

I believe it was all a dream Crash...

Yes - it was indeed a dream - whether a pleasant dream or a nightmare depends on your experience. Personally I had both Fen and Painless in my dream, so I will leave it you to decide what type of dream it was for me 😉

• Haha 4

• 1. DDz Quorum
23 hours ago, Reggie said:

Yes - it was indeed a dream - whether a pleasant dream or a nightmare depends on your experience. Personally I had both Fen and Painless in my dream, so I will leave it you to decide what type of dream it was for me 😉

Hey Reggie, I’m guessing it was an “Every Which Way But Loose” kind of dream with Fen as Filo Beddoe and me as Clyde?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Seconded. Although 2 fingetrs on my left hand look like clides abovre albiet wiht a few more holes.   

Friensdly tip.  Dont referee an argument betwewern two lagre dogs. :startle:

good thing its not my shootin hand.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Hello all, i wont be taking part in tonights mission, also the reason i havent been doing any flying lately is because i have a problem with my feet which has flared up lately and working rudder pedals is no fun. Hopefully will have it all sorted out soon as its now been diagnosed and im just waiting to hear from the surgeon.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Gizm0 said:

Hello all, i wont be taking part in tonights mission, also the reason i havent been doing any flying lately is because i have a problem with my feet which has flared up lately and working rudder pedals is no fun. Hopefully will have it all sorted out soon as its now been diagnosed and im just waiting to hear from the surgeon.

Hope all goes well Gizmo and see you back soon

• 1. DDz Quorum

Gents, we had another AAR failure last night; as such the campaign has not progressed.

Obviously there are some deeper issues with PWCG than we first suspected. I will log these failures with Pat but cannot guarantee we will have a fix prior to the next scheduled event (Tuesday 17th August) . I doubt you would want to ground-hog day it again, so should we not have a solution by then we have a couple of options.

1. Run as conventionla co-op eve

2. Try out the Iconic Mission Generator built into PWCG; essentially this generates a one-off, non-campaign mission. Flown from Engine Cold to landing as a normal PWCG mission.

Let me know your thoughts.

• 1. DDz Quorum

If an evening slot were to open up where good attendance could be hoped for, I have been working on a Syn_Vander generated mission that is a dog fight where the objective was ground attack, flown from the German side against AI using 110's and 109 (I could add other planes if requested) I have also added in extra scenarios once the AI air defence has been despatched to attack trains and road convoys. 

Whilst all that is going on I have added in a German Tank scenario attacking ground units which could use air support.

I was looking for a suitable chance to suggest it, so perhaps this is the time?

My idea was to pull all the "Tankies" and "Jockies" together for a one off event? Its a dogfight so you could swap between the two if you wanted. Pilots could have a go at multi-crewing a tank as well with other Dogz (its what we mainly do on a Saturday and is a lot of fun). It also has an air start position which has to be activated by the Tanks taking an objective, the air field will have repair and re-arm if you want to try to keep the same air frame.

I can start a separate thread if preferred so as not to clutter this one?

• 2. Administrators
29 minutes ago, Friar said:

If an evening slot were to open up where good attendance could be hoped for, I have been working on a Syn_Vander generated mission that is a dog fight where the objective was ground attack, flown from the German side against AI using 110's and 109 (I could add other planes if requested) I have also added in extra scenarios once the AI air defence has been despatched to attack trains and road convoys. 

Whilst all that is going on I have added in a German Tank scenario attacking ground units which could use air support.

My idea was to pull all the "Tankies" and "Jockies" together for a one off event? Its a dogfight so you could swap between the two if you wanted. Pilots could have a go at multi-crewing a tank as well with other Dogz (its what we mainly do on a Saturday and is a lot of fun). It also has an air start position which has to be activated by the Tanks taking an objective, the air field will have repair and re-arm if you want to try to keep the same air frame.

Interesting idea Col, I agree that a separate thread would be in order.

1 hour ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Gents, we had another AAR failure last night; as such the campaign has not progressed.

Obviously there are some deeper issues with PWCG than we first suspected. I will log these failures with Pat but cannot guarantee we will have a fix prior to the next scheduled event (Tuesday 17th August) . I doubt you would want to ground-hog day it again, so should we not have a solution by then we have a couple of options.

2. Try out the Iconic Mission Generator built into PWCG; essentially this generates a one-off, non-campaign mission. Flown from Engine Cold to landing as a normal PWCG mission.

Either option is fine by me Tom, would Col's idea above give you (and Pat) some extra breathing space to try and sort out the problems? We did have an issue with an overlength pilot name before - could this be something similar?

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Option 2. 👍🏻

• 1. DDz Quorum
34 minutes ago, Friar said:

Sounds excellent Col, definitely worthy of it’s own thread.

• 2 weeks later...