PWCG P-38 Lightning Strikes Co-op Campaign

193 debrief.

We flew on waypoints noting targets as we passed them. Near the southern point of route saw large squadron of bandits above. They didn't seem to notice us so we called for fighter assistance and bugged out ,on route back we saw enemy howitzer s pounding friend ground troops so made several runs to clear them out. Low on ammo we returned to base.

• Like 1

Twilight Zone mission for me.  Leading the formation about halfway to the front lines and suddenly everyone zipped out ahead of me with huge rubber banding.  I said I would catch up and put in as much power as I dared getting the 38 up to 290mph IAS. The rest of the flight reported 250 mph and yet I still watched them pull ahead and disappear.  I saw them on the return leg again but in spite of my indicated speed higher than theirs they pulled away again.  

I dropped down near the ground at an alternate base to see if I dared try landing the thing and the game crashed at about 1000' agl.

• Confused 1

Fen, I'm still not getting a map on these missions, even though it works with everything else I do, single player, multi player, dogfight, coop. Can you even imagine a cause for this mate? I know I'm stumped. I can only speculate that some thing on my end is angry at something with the mission generator or vice versa. Also I apologize for all the stupid issues I'm having, I have very little stick time in the last half a dozen years, and even less with GBS. My taxiing and station keeping skills are atrocious. I'm also ugly and my mother dresses me funny. Damn.

• Haha 2

I’m no expert Badaim and sure Fen will be able to advise better than me, but understand the key is accessorise, accessorise, accessorise. With a few pieces of good quality, you can make any funny little outfit look a million dollars.  Hope the helps, as for the map thing, haven’t got a clue.

• Haha 2

• 1. DDz Quorum
10 hours ago, BadAim said:

Fen, I'm still not getting a map on these missions, even though it works with everything else I do, single player, multi player, dogfight, coop. Can you even imagine a cause for this mate? I know I'm stumped. I can only speculate that some thing on my end is angry at something with the mission generator or vice versa. Also I apologize for all the stupid issues I'm having, I have very little stick time in the last half a dozen years, and even less with GBS. My taxiing and station keeping skills are atrocious. I'm also ugly and my mother dresses me funny. Damn.

Ugly is as ugly does Chet, so I’m guessing you is awful pretty ?😘

Looks like I'm back in the game. Be there this sun      New pilot will be  "Ross Parrot"   workin on a nose art, but she'll be called "3rd time lucky"

No more following Mr P in the dive for me, its apparently detrimental to my health  :angel:

• Haha 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

Just a heads up to any one that has not been following the Euro Football ("soccer" ;) ) championships...England are in the final on Sunday evening, playing Italy.

The first time we have reached a final since 1966, 55 years! 

Although I was not due to be there, I would not have been there if I was.... 

• Confused 1

For this reason I shall not be online this Sunday at all chaps, my daughter is a fan, and has been asking me to watch games with her, so I am committed to watching the final with her on Sunday evening. 

However, after the unfortunate demise of Lt Reggie Nailed on Tuesday after trying to get an extreme close look at a very attractive ant, I would like to offer forward 2ndLt Reggie Veggie for his replacement please for the next ops mission after Sunday 👍

Now this guy really mustn't die so quickly, I am running out of witty names 😂

• Haha 1

• 2. Administrators
17 hours ago, Gizm0 said:

Just wondering when the after action report is going to be put up? Thanks. :)

It usually takes a few days for Tom to get round to it - RL and all that...it will happen though.

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
5 hours ago, Jabo said:

It usually takes a few days for Tom to get round to it - RL and all that...it will happen though.

Fen was ravaged to death by Fokkers along with Funflak last mission so not sure if he will be writing the 485th experience from beyond the grave or the new C/O will write it once he has been confirmed ?

• Sad 2

• 2. Administrators
52 minutes ago, Painless said:

Fen was ravaged to death by Fokkers along with Funflak last mission so not sure if he will be writing the 485th experience from beyond the grave or the new C/O will write it once he has been confirmed ?

Your job then Michael

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Painless said:

What?! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

22 hours ago, Painless said:

Noooooo not our illustrious leader 😭

• Sad 1