402nd Sqn Log 22-12-44 b.PNG

485th FS:

485th Sqn Log 22-12-44 a.PNG

485th Sqn Log 22-12-44 b.PNG

485th Sqn Log 22-12-44 c.PNG

370th FG

Awards and Promotions:

402nd FS:

2nd Lieutenant Louis Zook is posthumously awarded the Purple Heart.

485th FS:

1st Lieutenant Reggie Nailed is awarded the Bronze Star.

Reggie's Bronze Star 22-12-44.PNG

Personnel:

2nd Lieutenant Lucas Zentrum is posted to the 402nd FS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A D9 huh? Could have sworn it was a 109, though it was downed from a couple of short bursts a fair distance away.

Thinking about it now, I was surprised to see the starboard wing half fall off so easily, figured it was new damage modelling, but this was a quirk of hitting the ammo box of a 190 wasn't it? 

I'll have to check the track :)

Apologies for my early frustrations last night chaps, always annoying when you have set things up and run tests and everything was 100% - and then when you log on for ops it all goes to hell🤣

I have identified and confirmed the issue being the fact I was using Open Composite instead of Steam VR - although it gives extra FPS - it also completely messes up your sound settings, that is why my Windows sound devices were being ignored, studio monitors were not even seen and Teamspeak kept turning me into a Klingon - so for that reason, is not really worth it with my setup. Once I went back to Steam VR - all the issues were sorted. 👍

• Confused 2

On 6/28/2021 at 8:40 AM, BluBear said:

A D9 huh? Could have sworn it was a 109, though it was downed from a couple of short bursts a fair distance away.

Thinking about it now, I was surprised to see the starboard wing half fall off so easily, figured it was new damage modelling, but this was a quirk of hitting the ammo box of a 190 wasn't it? 

I'll have to check the track :)

Well I'm not going crazy and my a/c recognition skills remain half decent, it was a 109 K4. Can't say I've seen the wing come off like this very often on a Messer though, new modelling?

P.s. Just look at FT - the model wingman. :salute:

2021_6_29__14_16_51.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

Yeah. For a non sentient computer program PWCG certainly has a creative streak when it comes to assigning kill claims; we've seen examples of this since day one.

This is why I try to establish the precise sub-variant of each kill you claim as this can have a bearing on what gets awarded; if you claim a D-9 but actually shot an A-8 and no Dora's were in that mission then your claim could get denied or awarded to someone else.

• Confused 2

• 1. DDz Quorum
4 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Yeah. For a non sentient computer program PWCG certainly has a creative streak when it comes to assigning kill claims; we've seen examples of this since day one.

This is why I try to establish the precise sub-variant of each kill you claim as this can have a bearing on what gets awarded; if you claim a D-9 but actually shot an A-8 and no Dora's were in that mission then your claim could get denied or awarded to someone else.

"No No Chris, that was nót a D9 you shot down over our lines, it was a 109K4 ! I confirm!

(BTW, I claim a 190D9) "

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:

"No No Chris, that was nót a D9 you shot down over our lines, it was a 109K4 ! I confirm!

(BTW, I claim a 190D9) "

LOL🤣

Points! Points! Points!  Five Gloden planesssss!!!!!  4 flak guns, 3 German tanks 2 messily searchlights and a poor bastard in the pine trees.

• Haha 3

Sorry but I'm not gonna be making tonight, been a long tiring day. Catch you at the next one. Good luck chaps, bring it home for tea and biscuits.

• Sad 1

Sorry I left server chaps, when I eventually caught you, you still couldn't hear me, I went in to attack a gun and all my controls froze up and I went straight into the ground - very annoying as this pilot was doing fairly well for his first few ops. 

I am starting to wish I never had this new PC to be honest - it works perfectly for everything I do and play - except  BOS. All sorts is going wrong with BOS and it is driving me nuts. 

I will try to do some re-installing this week and see if I can get it working, if not, I may step away for a while, so won't pick a new pilot name just yet. 

I will do whatever I can to get onto a different Dogs night in order to test comms etc. once re-installed. 

• Sad 3

• 1. DDz Quorum

Mission Date 23/12/44

402nd FS - Fighter Sweep, Kleve sector

485th FS - Rail interdiction, Krefeld

193 Squadron - Armed Recce, Venlo Sector

Debrief:

USAAF 9th Tactical Air Force

370th FG

402nd FS:

402nd Sqn Log 23-12-44 a.PNG

485th FS:

485th Sqn Log 23-12-44 a.PNG

485th Sqn Log 23-12-44 b.PNG

485th Sqn Log 23-12-44 c.PNG

RAF 2nd Tactical Air Force

No. 146 Wing

193 Squadron:

193Sqn Log 23-12-44 a.PNG

193Sqn Log 23-12-44 b.PNG

193Sqn Log 23-12-44 c.PNG

370th FG

Awards and Promotions:

402nd FS:

2nd Lieutenant Karl Spartan is promoted to 1st Lieutenant.

2nd Lieutenant Roger Over is promoted to 1st Lieutenant.

485th FS:

Captain Les Payne is awarded the Bronze Star.

Micks Bronze Star 23-12-44.PNG

1st Lieutenant Jean Artage is awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross.

Arties DFC 23-12-44.PNG

2nd Lieutenant Norman Gannet is posthumously awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross. 

2nd Lieutenant Tom Petty is posthumously awarded the Purple Heart.

Captain Fenton Rea is promoted to Major.

Personnel:

No changes.

No. 146 Wing

Awards and Promotions:

193 Squadron:

None.

Personnel:

No changes.

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, Reggie said:

Sorry I left server chaps, when I eventually caught you, you still couldn't hear me, I went in to attack a gun and all my controls froze up and I went straight into the ground - very annoying as this pilot was doing fairly well for his first few ops. 

I am starting to wish I never had this new PC to be honest - it works perfectly for everything I do and play - except  BOS. All sorts is going wrong with BOS and it is driving me nuts. 

I will try to do some re-installing this week and see if I can get it working, if not, I may step away for a while, so won't pick a new pilot name just yet. 

I will do whatever I can to get onto a different Dogs night in order to test comms etc. once re-installed. 

Reggie, none of us saw you crash so as far as we're concerned you went MIA on mission but miraculously emerged in the Squadron Bar later that evening, somewhat worse for wear having had a set to with a Hun AAA gun and left your P-38 wrecked in no-mans land.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Reggie, none of us saw you crash so as far as we're concerned you went MIA on mission but miraculously emerged in the Squadron Bar later that evening, somewhat worse for wear having had a set to with a Hun AAA gun and left your P-38 wrecked in no-mans land.

Hi Fen, I appreciate that - I really do, but would prefer to be accepted as dead - I was clearly KIA - and it happened behind enemy lines, in all honesty I probably was diving too fast and that is why the controls locked up. I shouldn't be re-incarnated for frustration, I don't want to get a reputation in DD as a grumpy chap who throws a tantrum when he is killed - I died fair and square and will return as someone witty when I can. It is partly my fault for not being able to get on early enough on ops, or on other nights to test things more thoroughly.  😂

In the meantime, I need to try and sort out my gremlins, was up till 2am last night trying but only managed to fix the default VR view on the right wing issue - everything else is still happening it seems. I will post in the Tech Help room on here in case anyone has any ideas 👍

• Thanks 1