PWCG P-38 Lightning Strikes Co-op Campaign

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey @DD_Fenrir have you seen this?

PWCG

Enhanced iconic missions to allow the player to crew any appropriate TC vehicle.
Extended ground unit spawn distance from 5km to 15km/8kmfor BoS/FC

Perhaps potential for the odd mission offering air support to ground units?

Hey, not sure if anyone has posted this yet, But I found it interesting and really points up how much better the GBS P-38 is compared to the old one. It performs exactly how I expected the '38 to perform from reading and training materials like this.

http://zenoswarbirdvideos.com/P38.html

Also, while I have your attention, these missions are great fun mostly because of the company, but also the investment into creating a character and keeping him alive pays all sorts of dividends in fun and realism.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
8 hours ago, BadAim said:

Hey, not sure if anyone has posted this yet, But I found it interesting and really points up how much better the GBS P-38 is compared to the old one. It performs exactly how I expected the '38 to perform from reading and training materials like this.

http://zenoswarbirdvideos.com/P38.html

Also, while I have your attention, these missions are great fun mostly because of the company, but also the investment into creating a character and keeping him alive pays all sorts of dividends in fun and realism.

Tru dat !

• 1. DDz Quorum
13 hours ago, BadAim said:

Thanks, Chet, this is the exact reason I set the campaign up. Glad that you (and it would seem many other repeat offenders! :D) are enjoying it. 

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 minute ago, poobear said:

Hello, as long as I finish work on time, what do I need to do to get me some of this action other than download the skins and try and memorise the briefing?

Hey poobear, just be on prior to the 2100 cutoff - I'll sort out everything else. ;)

• Thanks 1

Chaps, apologies, I will not be able to attend this evening's mission, my wife has to self isolate this week which means I have to be Dad's taxi - and that will rule me out attending this week. 

Should be back to normal for next op though 👍

• Sad 2

Howdy gents, I'm going to have to give tonight a miss I'm afraid.
Got Sarah's family round to watch the football and after driving back from Ireland last night, (+ foolishly working today) all I think I can muster is collapsing on the sofa with one eye on a lacklustre England performance.

Should be good for Sunday though!

• Sad 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

Firstly, thank you Tom for accommodating the test this evening, it is very much appreciated.

It is unfortunate that just after take off I encountered a 'word strike' (it occurred on spawn in but this doesn't fit the narrative...)....see attached piccie. I and my flight of four AI had begun to climb so as my field of view was drastically limited I ordered the AI to land. I couldn't see the airfield so I followed them back and landed successfully...see attached piccie. My AI landed successfully too.

What really happened was that on spawn in I still had the ready screen in front on me. This hasn't happened to me before on any occasion. I had all controls and instruments functional but no HUD. The AI started engines and waited. I tried the only three things I could think of that wouldn't take me out of the server.....Crtl Alt Delete and come back in, Esc and Alt Tab. None of them worked, the ready screen remained. So, I decided to test out the AI. I taxied and took off....so did they. I climbed out...so did they. In order to keep a persona I decided that instead of following the waypoints for an hour or so with limited vision I would land. I couldn't see the airfield very well so I ordered the AI to land....they did. I followed them in and landed. All in all, a pain because of the view but at least I know that the AI follow and do as they are told. Hopefully the next one will work as it should....

Tiffie view.jpg

Tiffie landing.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry about this one Gents. 

Didn't mean to make it look like a Rage quit, I had chores on backorder, and I was a bit sore at myself.  Thats twice I've lawn darted.

Post (mortem) Flight:  

Great fun in formation, you looked great out there 485th. :salute:

Watching the 402nd chew into those 88's was good fun until the 190's dropped in.    From there it became a bit of a mad house.

Crash and I blew through the merge and stayed high on Fen and Bob's 6 to let them work, but on the second circle I called out engaging as a 190 climbed up in front of me.   A few bursts and the canopy popped and he went down flaming.   Before I can find him I hear Crash in trouble but I tunneled on the 190 and had no idea where he went.    Sorry for loosing you Crash. :icon_cry: 

And I damn near did it again, sorry Mick, I looked but didnt see you tailing that FW and he was big as Christmass in perfect position for a bounce. 

I think I need more stick time with you fellows as Im a little out of sync.

Painless found some ground targets, and we decended to bust some howitzers.   He smoked most of the line and I lined up to pick up the stragglers and thats when it happened.:startle:

Didn't think it was that steep either, but sure as shooting, she just didn't pull up and I clipped the trees level at 5 feet.

I really do enjoy and look forward to these missions, Thank you for putting them on Tom.  Hopefully the 3rd time's the charm. 

:shaunhb:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2. Administrators

Skins pack for the P38 has been uploaded to the Vault - 

It's basically all the 4K skins you get for the P38 using Chkskins but this does include all the personalised skins used by the squad in the P38 campaign. Might be useful for the new guys flying in the campaign.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

New pilot name (S) Fen,

2ND LT Mitchell Martin. Thanks Fen

Sitting around with my foot elevated I got bored lol

Other name perhaps if things don t go well in the future 

2nd Lt Orville Lawndart

2nd Lt Wilbur Wrongway 

• Haha 1