PWCG P-38 Lightning Strikes Co-op Campaign

• 1. DDz Quorum
12 hours ago, delta7 said:

Apologies for poor show tonight , was a bit tired with working on house all day and it showed

Dave, I hadn't realised till I spoke to Mick this morning that you'd crashed and  were killed - PWCG didn't even log it so I assumed you'd force/crash landed in friendly territory.

With BluBears similar indestructibilty in evidence from last weeks mission this points to a PWCG logging error. I will raise a thread regards it over at the Sturmovik forums.

As for now we'll say you also had one in a million escape from the jaws of death and were discovered unconscious in the wreckage of your P-38  by a force of advancing US troops.

• Haha 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Good show ! Pooka saw you go in and blow up Dave but it looks like you were thrown clear. No need for a persona change 👍🏻🤓

I have light injuries due to my bale out so I will see you in the med centre for cribbage.
Shall we say 2d a game ?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Quite an eventful sortie for the group today; both the 402nd and 485th were assigned air patrols in the area east of Verviers between Malmedy & Eupen.

It was a beautiful, clear dawn, however that blinding eastern sun held some surprises as both squadrons ran into e/a well behind friendly lines, with 485th encountering a mixed force of long nose Fw 190s and Bf 109s around Angels 10 - needless to say, a robust engagement ensued. 485th took some casualties but the Krauts paid dearly for it, 8 e/a being shot down. However, we are sad to report that Lt Denny Pook is missing presumed killed. Others hit in the fighting did manage to safely RTB however.

The 402nd got tangled with  a pair of Fw's at 20,000+ ft, only to be joined by a second pair of 109s looking to bushwhack them whilst they were distracted with the 190s. Thanks to some excellent teamwork, some sticky situations were avoided and all the bandits were eventually smacked down. The squadron then descended to search out targets of opportunity and discovered some fierce fighting on the ground in the vicinity of Limbourg. Diving into strafe, despite some pretty spirited AAA, the squadron decimated an enemy artillery position that was engaging a push by the US 5th Armored Division and also took heavy toll of the surrounding flak positions, with only one P-38 taking damage; Lt Fesser managed to get his well ventilated airplane back to home base safely, though he did run out of gas whilst taxiing back to dispersal! The 5th AD send their heartiest thanks and say they'll be asking for us by name in the future!

Great work all.

With that we have some more fruit salad to throw at the chests of some esteemed brethren!

2nd Lt. Casey Baker has received a Purple Heart for his miracle escape from the collision with the Fw 190 he experienced on the 12th.

Maj Mick Payne-less & Lts. Delta and Apeehill of the 485th and Lt Per Fesser of the 402nd have all been awarded the Bronze Star. Warmest congratulations gentlemen and keep up the sterling performance.

Next mission will likely be the 18th October [event to be held Tuesday 1st September 2100BST] as Met reports indicate that the weather is clamping in for a couple of days, so rest up boys and see if the CO will grant you a pass into Charleroi...

402nd Sqn Log 15-10-44 a.PNG

402nd Sqn Log 15-10-44 b.PNG

402nd Sqn Log 15-10-44 c.PNG

485th Sqn Log 15-10-44 a.PNG

485th Sqn Log 15-10-44 b.PNG

APs Bronze Star 18-10-44.PNG

BluBears Purple Heart 18-10-44.PNG

Deltas Bronze Star 18-10-44.PNG

Micks Bronze Star 18-10-44.PNG

Perfs Bronze Star 18-10-44.PNG

• Like 6

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well done 485th ! There will be a compulsory “drink until you drop” evening tonight at the officers mess for our dearly departed Lt Denny Pook followed by an auction of his possessions tomorrow lunchtime in hanger 51. Remember this will include his Zundapp KS750 motorcycle combination, several cases of Irish whiskey and his famous collection of exotic Parisian dance costumes. (All proceeds to be sent back to his family).

We await news on 2Lt Colin Fryer and we will save him a seat at tonight’s proceedings.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Lt Fryer had one helluva morning. Having brought down an enemy aircraft, on his flight back to base his cockpit suddenly filled with smoke, we suspect from an in cockpit electrical fire. Unable to see and almost overwhelmed by the smoke and fumes he managed a first rate belly landing not far from Liege. After escaping the aircraft he went back and single-handedly retrieved the extinguisher and managed to put out the fire. He and his aircraft were picked up and were trucked back to base.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Excellent news ! I’m sure after such a traumatic sortie, footing the bill for tonight’s 🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🍹🍹🍹🍹🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷  in honour of 1Lt Denny Pooka will be no problem by comparison, good man !

Three cheers for Fryer... hic hic  hurrah !...... hic hic...

Not that I'm a points whore or anything,  but I swear i blew up at least four Howitzers / AAAs, but apparently nothing got logged despite numerous in-game messages? Denny Peeks and I worked the fields most effectivly last night. Just thinking of the progression of the squadron and the war effort as a whole, naturally. :salute:

p.s. Jolly good show Lt Fryer and welcome Tim Pookie!

• Haha 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
20 minutes ago, BluBear said:

... but I swear i blew up at least four Howitzers / AAAs, but apparently nothing got logged despite numerous in-game messages? Denny Peeks and I worked the fields most effectivly last night. Just thinking of the progression of the squadron and the war effort as a whole, naturally. :salute:

Yeah, this isn't the first time I have seen a disconnect between what the game registers in terms of ground kills and what PWCG registers, and to whom. According to PWCG seems Zukker & Wingy accounted for the bulk (2 each) with myself and FT picking up one each. I wonder if the game is registering bulk damage where PWCG seems to be looking at last damaged... who knows.