PWCG P-38 Lightning Strikes Co-op Campaign

• 1. DDz Quorum

@ Sidley, I gave some thought to coming up with a logical reason but failed so I guess the truth will have to do..... if the drinks are on you then they are not on me  🤔🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🤭🙈👍🏻 

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators
13 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Oh no!  Does this mean I can't be 2nd. Lt. Tony Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwiiiiantysiliogogoch when I buy the farm?

Is that the inner Welsh man in you coming out?

• Haha 1

• 2. Administrators
10 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Painless's persona has 15 characters; Jabo's has 18. I'm wondering if there's a 16 character limit? That's a very computer value...

I think I might be able to manually dig out the file which constitutes the user database and manually edit Nick's name; make him Bertie or Bert rather than Bertrand, see if that works.

Bertie is fine Tom, let's make that change and then we'll see at the next round. Interestingly, the test mission than you and I ran successfully was before my original persona lawndarted.

• 1. DDz Quorum

485th White Fight:  

Your handsome leader Capt Hawker Siddley will be on leave for the next sortie so 1Lt Dave Delta will be taking over as white Flight leader and all other incumbent responsibilities including providing the financial underpinnings 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃 for the up coming “Vicars and Tarts” ball. 
Three cheers for Delta... hip hip.... 😁

Well played Hawker you crafty old so and so !

• Haha 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Looks like the whole thing was a dream again....          

Capt Hawker Siddley can no longer go on leave because of the new travel measures in place so......

as you were 485th🇺🇸🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇨🇦

• 1. DDz Quorum

Right. This is a make or break.

The potential/perceived issue with Nicks persona name: it is not confirmed, but with Pat saying that it maybe a cause of some of our issues, I decided the best bet would be to remove it as a factor.

So I tried to side step: I have the option to 'retire' personas from the squadrons. Since "Bertrand Finknottle"  - having not actually flown a mission that successfully passed AAR yet - had no missions, kills or awards to his credit, I thought I could just retire him and create a new persona for Jabo called "Bert Finknottle" instead. Easy!

No.

As soon as I tried to commit this new Persona to the campaign I got thrown an error.  Furthermore "Bert Finknottle" appeared in the 402nd roster but Jabo was not assigned to him! And I couldn't even find a way to boot "Bert "out and start completely from scratch!

The ramifications for the campaign are pretty catastrophic - it would probably mean deleting the entire thing and starting from scratch.

However, I had a dig through some of the supporting file structure and think I found a way around this; without boring you I believe the edits I have made have managed to re-instate Jabo as "Bert Finknottle" and  I'm hoping we can continue...

Thus we need to test.

So for the sake of the campaign can I ask for some volunteers to test this tinkering I have been making and ensure we can continue? I'm thinking Saturday night, 2100BST.

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, DD_Fenrir said:

(...)

So for the sake of the campaign can I ask for some volunteers to test this tinkering I have been making and ensure we can continue? I'm thinking Saturday night, 2100BST.

Should be doable for me, though at that time on a Saturday night, I could be drunk.

I am an expert in removing factors though, especially drunk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Painless said:

Looks like the whole thing was a dream again....          

Capt Hawker Siddley can no longer go on leave because of the new travel measures in place so......

as you were 485th🇺🇸🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇨🇦

What happened? I thought mission was processed?

• 1. DDz Quorum

A hearty thanks to the chaps who helped test out last night, looks like the edits I made were successful. FT, masquerading as "Bert", completed the mission and we successfully pushed through the AAR process.

Campaign had been reset to the 12th October, so (fingers crossed) all will be well for this coming Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ladies, gentlemen and those of a more ambiguous gender identity, please make note: 

Update 4.009

54. P-38J: drag and pitching moment from the released dive flaps have been increased;

I would therefore, strongly suggest that it would be very prudent to get some dive-bombing practise in and get familiar with these new characteristics before tonights op.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well done everybody on a good showing despite a few frustrations with the start and then the issues of the pea-soup overcast.

The fact that we gave the Kraut a bloody nose with minimal losses reinforces the fact that your trials were not in vain.

Firstly, you'll all be relieved to hear that Maj. Payne-Less bailed out of his '38 behind friendly lines; he's a bit banged up but he's pissed off and determined to fly the next mission. I wouldn't want to be the squadron MO right now....

Secondly a double whammy of jet-jobs, one each to the 402nd and 485th.... though it seems that my initial outburst of "first 370th FG Me 262 kill to Perf" was erronoeous; that honour went to Lt. Bloobair (MIA) back on the October 2nd,  with Lt. Smedley and the late Maj. Fen also scoring against 262s on the same date.

So Lt. Per Fesser, your wallet is safe. Lt. John Artiesbi, however.... it is the first 262 kill for the 485th! Congratulations on getting the first blow-job for your squadron! Gonna be an expensive night for you methinks... 

Congratulations to Lts. Reginald and Apeehill for scoring on their first ops for their squadron.

Also of note is Lt. Pook's selfless attempt to relieve Lt. Friar of some unnecessary weight: http://dangerdogz.com/forums/topic/13737-p38-mission/?tab=comments#comment-140222

Whilst Group HQ appreciate Lt. Pook's efforts in improving the agility of his squad-mate's airplane, we would point him to the crew chiefs who would be happy to recommend some more traditional and eminently less flammable engineering methods to accomplish the same.

Well done all for some good team work. 

And finally we have TWO Bronze Star recipients! 

Congratulations to Capt. David Prang of the 485th and to Lt. Fenton Rea of the 402nd. Good work gentlemen.

402nd Sqn Log 12-10-44.PNG

485th Sqn Log 12-10-44 a.PNG

485th Sqn Log 12-10-44 b.PNG

Crashs Bronze Star 15-10-44.PNG

Fens Bronze Star 15-10-44.PNG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

So to summarise, the 485th and 402nd are neck-and-neck on confirmed air kills, but with more than double the number of 402nd ground targets destroyed of all types and having accomplished all this having flown one less sortie than the 402nd, looks like the 485th are currently the top of the 370th FG rankings right now. Well done Maj. Payne-Less and all you 485th jocks!

370th FG Claims Record 15-10-44.PNG

• Like 1