White 3 - Lt. Chris Bloobair

White 4 - *vacant*

Blue 1 - Capt. Kevin Fruitbat

Blue 2 - 2nd Lt. Bertrand Finknottle

Blue 3 - *vacant*

Blue 4 - *vacant*

Pilots not participating:

Lt. Per Fesser - 24 Hour Pass

2nd Lt. Luke Rocks - TDY to 9th Fighter Command HQ (off ops for forseeable)

Evening gents, i'm currently working on an interim skin-pack for the 401 and 402 with individual code letters to help with easier identification. More historical skins with nose-art etc will be worked on at a later date, but these should help us out in the meantime. I'm hoping to have the pack uploaded to vault in the next hour to enable participants to download and install for tonight's mission.

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
4 minutes ago, BluBear said:

Evening gents, i'm currently working on an interim skin-pack for the 401 and 402 with individual code letters to help with easier identification. More historical skins with nose-art etc will be worked on at a later date, but these should help us out in the meantime. I'm hoping to have the pack uploaded to vault in the next hour to enable participants to download and install for tonight's mission.

Hurry up... so I can add them to CechkSkins!

You done yet? :shaunv2: Stop reading, go skinning! 😊

• Haha 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

485th: As you know my mission was over before it started due to a fluke collision with a Bf110. Saw the bandits at 11 o’clock high, saw them break towards us, increased power ready for combat looked left to see a 110 very close in plan view, banking left and cutting in towards me from my 10 o’clock co alt at high closing speed, had no chance to react and BANG all over. Hope the rest of the mission went ok.

My replacement should be with you before the next mission 😉

• Sad 3

• 1. DDz Quorum

BAD NEWS: the After Action Report process failed yet again. No idea why this time. The error log seems to infer that PWCG couldn't find any of our air frames referenced in the log-files, kind of implicating there were no log files. Which is odd as Nick and I were able to progress our test mission just fine last Friday, so logs are being written.

Bundled an error report package off to Pat for some kind of hope of explanation.

Good News: Twas all just a horrible dream (AGAIN!!!!) for some of us. For those who got kills, bloody frustrating I know....

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well chaps, a successful mission in nearly all measures! Well done to the 485th boys for kicking a lot of Luftwaffe butt and to the 402nd for sticking together and getting home despite losing their CO and having a couple of early retirees due to damage. 

We have some medals! Perf was awarded the Purple Heart - he took some light shrapnel wounds when the gunner of a Ju-88 he was attacking landed some hits, but is otherwise ok. On a more somber level, we see our first Bronze Star awarded; alas, it goes posthumously to Maj. Tom Fen, who died when his P-38 clipped trees after strafing a AAA position. Capt. Kevin Fruitbat now inherits command of the 402nd.

2nd Lt. Fenton Rea has been posted to the 402nd.

The stats:

402nd ACR 05-10-44 a.jpg

402nd ACR 05-10-44 b.jpg

402nd ACR 05-10-44 c.PNG

402nd ACR 05-10-44 d.jpg

402nd ACR 05-10-44 e.jpg

402nd Roster 08-10-44.jpg

485th Sqn Log 05-10-44 a.PNG

485th Sqn Log 05-10-44 b.PNG

485th Roster 08-10-44.PNG

• Like 1