Mossie On the Way

Mayhem

My apologies if this has been posted previously, just wondering what you all thought of the announced upcoming additions/improvements to DCS. I know someone's got to be stoked for the Mosquito. I also found a video I thought some of you might enjoy if you haven't already seen it. It's a short watch but definitely worth it. Bit of a tear jerker at the end though I must admit.

If you missed the update news here's a link. 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter03012020-851b43a35367471cdaea724efa55d2a4.html

And the vid.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Mossie is gonna get a truckload of love from me when it lands in DCS, though I suspect it will be something of a torque monster on takeoff and asymmetric flight conditions... but the ability to precision bomb at treetop height whilst scooting along at 300+ IAS in something so profoundly pretty with the soundtrack of two Merlins? Priceless!

I feel spoiled now, there have been so many great developments in combat flight simming the last year or so. I'm thinking about getting the normandy map, WW2 asset pack, combined arms and at least one WW2 fighter but can't decide betwix the Mustang and Spit. That reminds me, have you guys seen the latest asset pack update DCS snuck in just now? Those boats and subs, OMG! The level of detail they're putting into these models is absolutely astounding. 

I swear, if they keep going at this rate, my wallet is going to be reeling. I have to admit the earlier days of DCS had me wondering just what the hell they were thinking sometimes, I wasn't very confident they'd see it through even to the current state. Anticipating more progress, can't wait. Now if they could just get a Pacific Theater complete with carriers, Hellcats, Corsairs and Zeros, I'll have died and gone to heaven. It's wait and see but either IL-2 BOX, DCS or both are going to blow it out of the water with a Pacific theater, it'll be interesting to see to who's first.

• 2. Administrators

Have you seen this, allegedly going to be a 1943 AI zero to go with it, and of course a 1940's Marianas map

Normandy map (now) is great, so is the assets pack and the Spit and Mustang!!!! Channel map is going to be even better!