For Wingflyer and Zukker, F16 stuff we talked about lastnight

fruitbat

• 2. Administrators

As to our conversation last night about what keys do i think are most important to be mapped on your HOTAS, multiple targeting and firing in TWS mode and firing sidewinders off bore using the jhmcs helmet, here is a thread....

First keys that i think are really important to have close at hand on my throttle and stick.

NWS A/R DISC MSL STEP button, This is nose wheel steering, but more importantly when flying holding it down, will enable you to swap missile types during a dogfight.

RDR cursor switch up, left, down and right for cursor manipulation in the radar,

Right MFD OSB 19, This button enables you to switch between slave and bore modes for your missiles and you will want for using the jhmcs helmet

Uncage switch, This is for locking sidewinders using the jhmcs helmet (can fire them without, but means holding your head tracking on the target until you want to fire, once caged you do not have to be keeping it centered exactly on the target)

Dogfight/missile overide switch - cycle, for entering dogfight mode,

TMS up, down, left, right for taget manipulation

Countermeasures management switch - FWD, for chaff and flares

MAN RNG knob to an axis for radar elevation

Plus the obvious stuff like triggers for guns and missiles etc!

Next, here is a couple of vids showing the use of TWS radar mode and ripple firing amraams on multiple targets. You can enter TWS mode from the default RWS mode by holding TMS right for a second, and vice versa. Once in TWS mode, the targets will initially appear on your radar as small filled in in squares (until a couple of sweeps) then turn into the larger white square (track targets), you can then use TMS right to turn them all into system targets (hollow squares). Then TMS right again to bug the closest (bugged is hollow square with a circle around it). You can fire at bugged targets. TMS right will cycle through all the remaining system targets, bugging them one by one. You can only have one target bugged at once, but up to 10 system targets. It is then just a question of firing, TMS right, firing, TMS right, firing etc....

Next here is some stuff about Sidewinders and the JHMCS helmet.

Once your in close fighting, press the dogfight mode switch. If you have amraams as well as sidewinders,it will default to amraams, press and hold NWS button to switch to sidewinders. Then press the right mfd OSB 19 button to change it from slave to bore. You can now lock with the helmet and using the uncage button cage them as well. Vid in action plus the tacview view as well.

I have added the two missions below, i used as practice for myself and in these videos, if you have the Persian gulf map and want to practice it yourself, migs are unarmed.

Any questions just ask here, hope this helps a bit :salute:

Missions.7z

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

So, you can also fire Amraams off with the JHMCS helmet as well, which is very satisfying and helpful in a dogfight (under 10 miles)

Switching to dogfight mode with the 'Dogfight/missile overide switch - cycle' key, and then pressing TMS up, which switches you to the the Boresight mode within the dogfight mode and gives you a lovely circle directed by your helmet where your looking and directs your radar at that point.

Simply look at your target, pressing TMS up until a nice square appears around your target, and fire your missile, rinse and repeat.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...