My thoughts on an equal level of playing for all of us

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks to Jabo last night I am now sorted with JGMSE and a ickle dot above the planes.

I also have no other planes on my map (done it without a mod) so must have over written one of map files perhaps? anyway, however I did it, it does what I want.

• 1. DDz Quorum
13 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

1]  Holy shit, I'm in a Spitfire!

Ditto for points 2 to 8

9]  Much better ability to judge distance - which leads to 

10]  Much improved gunnery accuracy.

:) at point 1  Ahmen to that brother

I fly last night and shot down 3 of the enemy planes, a good tally for me. Perhaps I had a lot of rage to get ride of from a bad day at work. But VR settings are sorting themselves out now and getting used to flying model all helps.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
44 minutes ago, Friar said:

Thanks to Jabo last night I am now sorted with JGMSE and a ickle dot above the planes.

I also have no other planes on my map (done it without a mod) so must have over written one of map files perhaps? anyway, however I did it, it does what I want.

No idea how you did that Friar...if you did it without a mod then you have achieved something many others wanted to do. Perhaps you placed the No Other Planes mod directly into your 'data' file before you started to use JSGME.

• 2. Administrators
2 hours ago, Sid said:

No idea how you did that Friar...if you did it without a mod then you have achieved something many others wanted to do. Perhaps you placed the No Other Planes mod directly into your 'data' file before you started to use JSGME.

That's my assumption Sid, AFAIK there's no way to disable the other aircraft view without using a mod of some description.

Like Colin, I also flew (albeit briefly) with a much reduced icon view and no other aircraft on the map and although it was certainly more challenging, it was by no means impossible to find targets so I'll stick with it for now.

While we're on the subject of levelling the playing field, should we also consider separate comms channels for red & blue

• 1. DDz Quorum

I know this is a bit “gay” but I like it when we all fly on the same side whether it be red or blue. That way it’s us Dogz against them spawn of the devil AI gits!

You know, man against machine.... a bit like trying to drive a Wuling Hongguang in anger ! 🤣

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 10:32 AM, Jabo said:

Although I don't know for certain, does VR's lower resolution not lead to larger dots at long range compared to a higher resolution monitor display?

Our guys that use VR say it does lead to easier spotting due to the lower resolution.  That's why I always try to wing with one of them😁

I should have noted that we do not fly with icons or nav aids having transitioned away from them about a year ago.

• Thanks 2