DCS Caucasus Marionette Campaign

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum

Welcome the Caucasus, specifically, Georgia.

Why are we here? Good question.

8 months ago a mining operation in the South central region, not far from the Armenian border near a town called Patara Darbazi discovered very large deposits of highly valuable metals; Rhodium, Platinum, Ruthenium, Rhenium, Iridium and some Gold have been discovered in quantities that indicate that this source has the potential to rival some of the world’s largest producers.

These metals are VERY highly prized, essential to the production of electronics and avionics and the discovery has already boosted Georgia’s economic status. If the projected quantities are realised, then Georgia potentially becomes a major player in the supply of precious metals to the world electronics industry and a primary economic power in the Black Sea region.

Sufficed to say, this has caught the attention of a certain neighbouring former superpower. Russia will be eyeing this situation with a combination of covetousness, resentment and concern.

Since the Russo-Georgian war of 2008, relations between the two countries can be described - at best - as strained, with Russia’s official recognition (and tacit support) of the two Georgian secessive states of Abkhazia (to the West) and South Ossetia (North central region) not assisting matters. After the war Georgia received limited assistance from NATO and the U.S., primarily focussed around keeping some form of peace in the region. Georgia’s economy has not previously allowed it the ability to build up the military forces it would like, to both subdue the separatists and feel confident of repelling any Russian military involvement that action against the separatist states would inevitably attract.

However, that equation just changed.

With its new-found mineral wealth and the concurrent ability to now purchase significant levels of modern Military Equipment, Georgia could unwittingly (or otherwise) escalate the situation in-region, by either initiating conflicts with the secession states or by presenting such a perceived threat to Russia that it pre-emptively takes military action.

Adding potential fuel to this rather inflammable cocktail is Russia’s recent behaviour in the Crimea and Eastern Ukraine. The former Warsaw Pact states are understandably wary of their former Puppetmaster at this time, and Georgia – only too aware of its recent history with Russia - more than most.

In an effort to promote peace and stability in the region, the US and some of its NATO partners are actively offering assistance to the Georgian government (for some recompense, naturally) and this includes advisory, training, logistics and the supply (for purchase, naturally) of military hardware.

The geopolitically savvy of you may also recognise the ulterior motives of this move. Firstly, through US and NATO influence we could potentially limit any Georgian military action on the secessive states and secondly send a message to Russia that further territorial intimidations or annexations are not viewed favourably by the Western alliances and, with forces in theatre, dissuade them from such actions.

Whether this action is actually a cynical exercise by the Western alliance to exploit economic benefits from the relationship with Georgia and its new-found mineral wealth and, by doing so, inject even more Western interference into an area historically regarded by Russia as being part its sphere of influence – and thus perhaps adding yet more fuel to the volatile situation - depends on how pessimistic you are...

• 1. DDz Quorum

Gentlemen, this will be a modern jet focused campaign.

We will fly as part of the Western Allies/NATO forces against AI controlled aggressors.

Planning a schedule of one Monday a month (so approx. every 4 weeks) to allow me to build and tailor each mission and give people time to prep for each.

I have flexibility to allow for whatever aircraft you want to fly for a given mission, or if you want to fly a certain type throughout the campaign then that should be doable too.

The first mission will require a mix of CAP, CAS and some CSAR - 2 or 3 Huey/Hip drivers needed!

Please sign up below and state what aircraft type(s) you would like to fly during the campaign.

Hornet is  most comfortable for me Fen.

Spending considerable amount of time on the Hornet, although plenty more to learn on this bird. Huey would be fun but not confident enough.

Have you got the multiple Hueys picking up troops problem fixed. I ask because I have a Multiplayer mission that AP Sheriff Zukker and Myself tried and definitely picked up multiple troops and dropped off with the hueys very do_able. I can send you the Mission.