Installing or reinstalling with limited broadband

T_O_A_D

This is what I had to go through, still working out the bugs on the inputs, why that isn't just copy paste stream lined like other games is beyond me.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4188288&postcount=15

Solution

Started all over with new install, but first I renamed old install and the DCS folder in 'Saved Games" located in 'My Documents to protect it before the install of the new installation.

Quote:
How to install DCS without Internet on PC ? (or traffic issues on PC)

Due to the rather large volume of the simulator there are often questions about copying of DCS World, which is already downloaded on another computer. "Frontal" way of copying might work, but sooner or later it will end up in a complete reinstall.

How to properly and safely do this:

1. Copy the existing module to any temporary location (external Flash Drive), preserving the folder structure of simulator (for example, E:\DCSCopy\).
2. Create in the root directory of the DCS simulator the text file with the title: dcs_local_source.txt
3. The contents of the file is the path to a temporary directory, in this case (UTF-8!): E:\DCSCopy\
4. Run DCS World web installer and follow the installation process. The Updater will read the dcs_local_source.txt file and find your existing files, compare the version numbers, download all the required and will install it correctly.
5. After installation of DCS World on second PC, you can delete the temporary directory."

That did not work, I guess I don't understand how to make that text file work.

I then took my Mods folder from old install and copied it into my new install

Then I downloaded the installers located here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...i00QWE2cWF6c2s

Info on that

Quote:
I have a license for the module but I can't install it via Module Manager?

If you have a serial number for the module (purchased in other store or from Steam) at first you have to bind it to account here: License serial number check, more information here: License informational Page and after that you will be able to install your product via Module Manager.

If you already check out all your serial numbers and they are bound to account and you still can't install Modules, so...
This is a quick solution for your problem :
1. Please download install batch file for your module, put this file to the root \DCS World\ folder and run it once. Should be installed your module.
2. After that run any mission and activate by your key.
If your module is not listed, then download any version, open the file with editor (Notepad++) and change the module name to one that does not manage to install, save under the desired file name and put this file to root DCS World folder and run it once.
The correct name (Module_ID) you can take from this page.

I ran those to get my modules to install into the new installation.

Once that was done I deleted the new DCS folder in "Saved Games" and renamed my original back to DCS

Fired up the game, and began reintroducing my Input files back to the config of each aircraft. That is the most annoying thing of all this, so many updates in the past forced this, and something like this requires it also.

Why or is there a easier way I just don't know. sad.gif

to get this new install with no decent broadband required installing it on a laptop with an external HD, and borrowed broadband in town.

Then taking that materiel and transferring it to my gaming machine. So all the above was basically done with the laptop.

Short installing DCS world in both machines so I could get the shortcuts in my Start Menu. On my Gamer I just stopped the download so I didn't waste my allotted 50gig a month and then the introduction of the input files after it was all transferred into my gaming PC.

I have my actual install "X:\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe" in a separate SSD drive from my OS so if you do that you have that to consider when setting up.
T_O_A_D is online nowReport Post   Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote

I could have, but I'd rather not move it anymore than need be, It's in the basement, and its a large Cooler Master case.

Plus to haul it safely, some of the cards should be pulled from the mobo due to road vibration.

Our roads can swallow a VW but it still makes a $X$ truck ride pretty rough.