Hello strangers

JensenPark

@JP;  as a general rule of thumb,  all those things in IL2 1946 that we paid lip service to - like trimming the plane properly,  correct mixture settings,  not over-revving the engine,  not over-heating the engine, supercharger switching  etc.  They all really matter in this new one.

Otherwise shortly after take off engines go boom and up goes the cry "twenty seconds"!:P

3 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

@JP;  as a general rule of thumb,  all those things in IL2 1946 that we paid lip service to - like trimming the plane properly,  correct mixture settings,  not over-revving the engine,  not over-heating the engine, supercharger switching  etc.  They all really matter in this new one.

Otherwise shortly after take off engines go boom and up goes the cry "twenty seconds"!:P

uhh...then let me off this ride.   lol

• 2. Administrators

Like Arthur says, this is a step-change in complexity from '46 although with many hours in Blitz now, it wasn't too much of a wrench personally. I know I spend a lot more time now checking gauges in the pit rather than relying on the HUD. And at least it's not as bad labour intensive as DCS.

JP you have to use the saitek software to bind a key. I have it set up that F10 is my centre trackir and this is bound to the FIRE button.

Saitek was taken over by logitek so you have to download the programming software from here

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024847013--Downloads-X52-Space-Flight-H-O-T-A-S-

once you have that software you can put the .pro file I uploaded into the  into C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Saitek SD6 Profiles folder. 

You then need to put the input file I uploaded into the game folder and this will tie the game to the profile

You then need to consult the xl sheet to tell you what is happening for each joystick action

Basically mode 1 is engine and take off

mode 2 is flying

mode 3 is bombing

Now some pcs dont like the logitek software in which case you will just have to assign actions in the game and make sure that you dont use the key presses that you use for trackir for other functions.

It looks complicated at first compaired to il246 but you really only need to map engine mixture and prop pitch as these are more important nin this version.

there are good youtube tutoriuals on how to take off and fly individual planes 

e.g. 

The main difference is the ground handling of planes, taxying and taking off is trickier with many planes spinning you just have to learn the right way .

I am retired so pm me if you need any more help and I can hook up on teamspeak and talk you through things if needed

hope this helps

Dave