Hankenkreuz & 4k skin mod

• 2. Administrators

Hi guys, here is something i put together for myself, but thought i'd share to all.

Its a mod that adds the Hankenkreuz to all German planes, plus any planes that haven't been updated to 4k, it updates to 4k. It includes winter options which will be selected by default by the ai depending on map.

This is used by me to make my targets and my comrades alike, look much better!

Its quite easy when this mod is installed through jsgme to change the default skin of any plane to your liking if you so want, i could talk you through that if you wanted.

Simply download the mod from our vault,

And unzip the contents to your mod folder.

Then enable them in the order,

4K Normalmaps

4K Default Skin Replacements for BoM-BoS-BoK

4K White Skin Replacements for BoM-BoS-BoK

4k Default Skin Replacements for BoBP

The reason why its so big, is because all the BoBP German official skins have the Hankenkreuz enabled due to a chap called spudkopf's efforts.

2019121717404.jpg

20191217175331.jpg

2019121717543.jpg

20191217175619.jpg

20191213211751.jpg

20191217173915.jpg

Enjoy!

• Thanks 2

• 1. DDz Quorum
4 hours ago, Pooka said:

I'm guessing I need to create a Mods folder or JSGME folder, what is the proper procedure

to set this up in the game?  Directions please.

Create a MODS folder in the root folder of the game, ie. the folder that has subfolders bin, data and Update in there, and JSGME.exe as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators
On 12/26/2019 at 9:43 PM, T_O_A_D said:

Kev, does it not look like I have this already, just the last file has another name?

If not can you upload that last file alone, so I don't have to use more of my allowed limit to get it set up correctly?

kev.png

That file you've highlighted is an old different version of the mod in 2k skins.

Fyi, I've altered stuff in the other folders that you have shown there as well, adding normal maps and 4k skins for all other planes that didn't have them, and have removed the normal maps and skins for planes that have been updated to 4k by the devs.

• 2. Administrators

I accidentally missed out the yak 7, so there is a little 30 meg download attached to this post that will correct that,

Unzip and copy into 

C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\Mods\4K Default Skin Replacements for BoM-BoS-BoK

and disable and re enable "4K Default Skin Replacements for BoM-BoS-BoK" in JSGME

This will add a 4k default summer and winter skin for thew Yak 7:salute:

data.7z