443 Open Invitation Night

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum

Fancy a taster session flying the DCS Spitfire in one of the most authentic virtual re-enactments of late war Spitfire operations?

443 are hosting a mission this coming Thursday the 19th December that is not part of the campaign proper; as such they have thrown an invitation open to all you Dogz who'd be interested in taking part, whatever your level of experience.

The hardcore boys will probably be using SRS, but its by no-means mandatory, and I will be in available in both SRS and TS to communicate and pass messages to those who aren't SRS savvy yet.

Formation requirements will be considerably less stringent than a scheduled campaign night mandates, so as long as you can keep a respectable distance from the main flights you are welcome to tag along.

You'll need the following modules to join:

DCS Spitfire LF.IX

DCS: Normandy

DCS: WW2 Asset Pack

443 WW2 Asset Pack Mod [PM Fen for a link]

Let me know if you're interested so I can make sure Wiggy allows us enough airframes in mission.

Be good to see you there!

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, Painless said:

Is there any way our DCS server could have the Normandy map running on it Thursday during the day so anyone who is able could practice taxiing and circuits on the same airfield as in the mission together FT ?

Sure can do. Well, if you can get your hands on da mission file da is ... and send it over to me ...

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Great turn out chaps, sorry some of you had technical issues/operating issues, but thanks for giving it a go.

We lost a number of airframes throughout the mission (my own being one I'm sad to say), none to enemy action however (we think) and despite the paucity of kills (didn't even fire me guns :( ) it seemed to be well enjoyed by all - though I must ask what happened to you Dennis? You went MIA after the first contact with the 190s and I never heard a peep from you after! I was forlornly calling for White 4 on our way back home... :(

Phil Style, of Storm of War and YouTube fame joined us yesterday and streamed the event, and even Nick Grey, Boss of the Fighter Collection and CEO of Eagle Dynamics turned up to watch and comment!