Setting up controls

Crash

The main thing putting me off DCS is setting up the controls, as DCS allocates axis and buttons for every controller. What is the best way to bin the settings? It even allocates axis for the MFD (it doesnt have any!) I am determined to give it a go as I have spent quite a bit of dosh on moduals. All advise gratefully received :)

• 2 months later...

So I had a play with the Spit and got it off the ground but I cant find out how to set/center the VR view. The engine sounded really good :)  I have sent Miles a PM about the PointCTRL so that might be on its way soon. I think that using that will help me with my control set up and if it works as well as I hope I should be give DCS a good go.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info last night Fen, I can now sit in my Spit :) I managed to take off (it was a bit squirelly) and land OK only ground looping at the end of the roll out. I am sure the Point control widgets will make this a great experience.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Centering TrackIR is through TrackIR, not the game (any game).  As I recall, it's NUMPAD F5 by default.  You have to go into TrackIR settings to change it.

Oh, and yeah, DCS is messed up in all the control configurations it sets automatically that make no sense that you then have to go in and individually delete - PER AIRCRAFT.  Sigh.  Grumble.