Out now - ChkSkins - We share our skins!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Oh dear, some one has put the 402nd P38 skins in the P51D folder!

These now added to the exclusion list:

P51D15\P38J25_402nd__E6_A.dds
P51D15\P38J25_402nd__E6_B.dds
P51D15\P38J25_402nd__E6_C.dds
P51D15\P38J25_402nd__E6_D.dds
P51D15\P38J25_402nd__E6_F.dds
P51D15\P38J25_402nd__E6_H.dds
P51D15\P38J25_402nd__E6_J.dds
P51D15\P38J25_402nd__E6_K.dds
P51D15\P38J25_402nd__E6_L.dds
P51D15\P38J25_402nd__E6_O.dds
P51D15\P38J25_402nd__E6_P.dds
P51D15\P38J25_402nd__E6_S.dds
P51D15\P38J25_402nd__E6_Z.dds

• 1. DDz Quorum

Oh my, I am now beginning to think this all was a bad idea, as I now see folders appearing that really do not make any sense!

image.png

Please be careful what you put in them skins folder before running ChkSkins! Any mess you put in there will quickly spread!

• 1 month later...

As some people feel that the number of skins is getting silly, would it be possible to specify the aircraft you want to select for adding skins? so we wouldnt have to download FC or tank crew or any plane we dont want to see?

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 minute ago, Crash said:

As some people feel that the number of skins is getting silly, would it be possible to specify the aircraft you want to select for adding skins? so we wouldnt have to download FC or tank crew or any plane we dont want to see?

Great idea. I like it. And should be doable - Like a list of types one can check mark ... Select all, select none .... select random ... lol

Then again, it would defeat the whole point of it... would it not? Then we'd still run a good chance one picks a skin, and the other does not see it!

And, I would have to create a default DD default-favorites list, plus let you save your own favorites list for the next time... sigh... lots of work! :shaunv2:

Furthermore, we got 5GB of P51 skins, 5GB of P47 skins, 3GB of P38 skins - that's already getting close to 1/3rd of the total. For these three planes. 

Take some more popular models into account and ... well, you'd still be having lots-a-skins! Like still a silly amount... 

Furthermore, the thing is geared towards fire-and-forget. Do we want to add any complexity?

Better start a poll, see how many people would be interested in this:  I mean,  DD's that are not using it now, and who would start using it if this functionality were built in. If that number is over 10 - I might consider putting it in... 

Like said, I really do like the suggestion - but is it worth the while?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Just deleted some 30 skin files where their names ended with (1) or (2)...  Duplicates!

Please be careful when downloading skins and saving them...

Usually, when your browser downloads a file that already exists, it will automatically name it adding (1) to it. Or (2) if (1) already existed... So, it will not ask you to overwrite!