Out now - ChkSkins - We share our skins!

58 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

... but it's too late now :) They are in!I think I've gone too fast too far with this maybe. If you think about it - it's kinda like a virus - spreading files all over Pc's all over the world lol.

Yes,  you've created a monster FT.:startle:

59 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

What if we can assign a skins-manager, he will maintain a list of proper and valid and perfect shared skins. He only can add them to the Skault, and all others can download those... 

We need someone to be Marty Feldman to your Gene Wilder?  Or what Fruitbat suggests?  Just 4k skins.  That would give us a much more managable number and give us a QC threshold. 

• Haha 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sid, yeah, that's possible.  You could make sure you do not have any 2K skins, I empty the Skault, and you upload all the skins. Oh, wait I can do that myself as well ... lol

Problem is that once somebody else runs it, he might as well dump all 2K skins back in there!

(Yes, I went way too fast here :) )

Working on a newer version with more 'intelligence' in it - but I found out the basic technique I used is not a good one, it makes operations troubled with some routers. So, I have to do some re-programming. Not impossible, but it will take some time.

And, we need to discuss maybe what is needed/wanted: I will add that 4K filter, that may be sufficient - but still... how do we prevent broken or really "bad" skins from popping up in there?

• 1. DDz Quorum

I did the checkskins today and downloaded the 3700 skins. I then went through them deleting over 2000 2k skins, leaving about 1560 4k skins. The skins folder takes up about 30gb of disc space and is 4k skins only. Unsurprisingly the majority are 109, 190, P51, P38 and Spitfire. I'm happy to keep them all at the moment as it means I get to see other skins and the hakenkreuz when flying with you chaps. Assuming you use 4k skins lol

• 1. DDz Quorum

So, working towards this:

image.png

The 'Only 4K Skins' will have the extra all special all automatic option to simply delete all non-4K skins from your local skins folders! That should work out fine for you guys that like 'm all shiny now, shouldn't it?

First post in this thread will be edited soon ... with a new file to download and shift.

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Quick fix for two invalid skins in your TempestMkvs2 folder:

- Delete P51D15NA_LAZY DAISY.dds

- Delete P51D15NA_RIDGE RUNNER.dds

Next, as long as you keep running at 4K skins, they will not come back downloaded. They are now 'converted'/copied from 2K SpitMKIX skins, and keeping them in there as they are now should prevent them from being overwritten by anyone that uploaded them there in the first place.

2K users are still 'bothered' by them, until I've found a way to get them removed completely ... so they will not ever come back.

Yeah, Major PITA this shift :(

If you find any other weird skins, let me know their names and in what folder they are. (Mind you, only after you've removed them and they do come back after a full run of ChkSkins. 

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks for this FT, it is very much appreciated.

There is one skin I have found that is an anomaly. I deleted it a couple of days ago and it came back today.

After running Checkskins, '47th Bomb Group Tunisia' is downloaded into two skin folders, 'A20B' and 'P47D28'. It is an A20 skin, one I created. I didn't add anything to it to make it a P47 skin too.....honest guv'nor 😏

This version works fine for me, totally ran myself out of data the last two days though.

Luckily it got reset today.

I haven't spent much time playing yet, but I noticed an awful lot of the same skins in the P-51 stable, just different artist and or versions of wear.

I'd say we may need to vote or poll the scrubs out.