Out now - ChkSkins - We share our skins!

• 1. DDz Quorum

By downloading and installing and running ChkSkins, you can take part in this: "More Skins is good mkay..."

dd_ChkSkins - v0.97 - 2020/06/09
- Excluded skins will now be deleted from the Skault, should an older version of ChkSkins have added one of those.

dd_ChkSkins - v0.96 - 2020/05/22
- 4K is now checked at startup
- A log file is being created
- If a skin is in the list of excluded skins, it will be deleted, and not uploaded. This to prevent bad skins (ie. in the wrong a/c type folder) from spreading.

dd_ChkSkins - v0.91 - 2019/11/12
Unzip the contents into a seperate folder, use its own folder preferably.

First time run: Right click ChkSkins.exe, and select 'Run As Administrator'
(Not needed for subsequent runs, maybe if there's a new version)

+Allow it access through your FireWall.

+It will read the registry for your GBS installation folder. If it cannot do that, it will let you know how.
(I might be able to help you fix that)

+Same membership check as CheckMods had, so let me know if it pops up like that.

Operating it:
- Press AUTO MODE Button, and it will compare the skins and download and upload all in one go.
Afterwards, it will start comparing again, and download upload again, should it be neccesary (Failed downloads, 
or someone else has been adding a skin or two).

By using the 1. Start Compare, 2. Start Download and 3. Start Upload buttons, you can do this all step by step.

Special note on 'Only 4K Skins' check box: It will delete all locally found non-4K Skins! It will already start doing 
that once you press 'Start Compare', or 'Auto Mode'

If you always want to run it in 4K mode, then run the file Chk4KSkins.cmd, also found in the Zip file!

Exit button will close the programme :)

image.png

DD_ChkSkins.zip

• Thanks 2

Arthur I had the same issue as I had moved the install to the G drive. I asked FT and he said mine should read "G:\\Flight Sims\\1C Game Studios\\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\\"  so swap the G for an E and you should be good to go.   If at start of 0.84 you get the 'Fix your registry error", then look at the file bos.reg, open it in Notepad.
Amend the path that in this example is pointing to ="C:\\BOS\\" to the path where your BOS is installed. (Just the main folder, do not point it to Skins)
Mind you, use the proper syntax, use two \\ in the path! Close notepad, double click bos.reg and confirm.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Included in the zip is an example bos.reg.

ChkSkins reads from the registry where Bos was installed to, and yeah, if you simply moved it somewhere else without uninstalling and re-installing ... then it fails. Editing the .reg file and double clicking it will fix the registry entry and chkskins will run properly...

Not happening.  I think I'm having trouble with getting the correct syntax in the registry entry to find the right path.  Just to be awkward, my game is bolted into my pc thus;

E:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\graphics\skins

I think the question is how do I apply that path to the registry when I edit it in notepad?

Edit; Match abandoned after twenty minutes due to goalies becoming hypothermic. 

What a waste of a morning.....:huh:

6 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

E:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\graphics\skins

I think the question is how do I apply that path to the registry when I edit it in notepad?

Open the Check skin folder then double click the checkskins icon. It will run a regedit thing and thet should sort it

• 2. Administrators
5 hours ago, Crash said:

Arthur I had the same issue as I had moved the install to the G drive. I asked FT and he said mine should read "G:\\Flight Sims\\1C Game Studios\\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\\"  so swap the G for an E and you should be good to go.   If at start of 0.84 you get the 'Fix your registry error", then look at the file bos.reg, open it in Notepad.
Amend the path that in this example is pointing to ="C:\\BOS\\" to the path where your BOS is installed. (Just the main folder, do not point it to Skins)
Mind you, use the proper syntax, use two \\ in the path! Close notepad, double click bos.reg and confirm.

I had the same kind of issue Arthur, the fix posted by Crash above fixed it in a jiffy.

The line in question for mine looks like;

"InstallLocation"="E:\\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\\"

46 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

Arthur, save the attached file, then double click on it ...

Ah...thankyou FT.  That almost did the trick:goodjob: Now getting a message sayin'

You cannot be verified as a member of the Dangerdogz. If you are a member, send a pm to FT mentioning this issue

:P 

Ah...ok.  Have now halted the operation.  Before doing this I gave my skin folder a severe pruning to get rid of all the old, often 2k skins that I'm never going to use and didn't want to inflict on other peoples drives.

I see my skin folder is now at 19gig and growing and is now filling with skins that others have d/l'd over the years and don't use either.

Thanks for your efforts FT but I don't think this is for me.:salute:

• 1. DDz Quorum
6 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Ah...ok.  Have now halted the operation.  Before doing this I gave my skin folder a severe pruning to get rid of all the old, often 2k skins that I'm never going to use and didn't want to inflict on other peoples drives.

I see my skin folder is now at 19gig and growing and is now filling with skins that others have d/l'd over the years and don't use either.

Thanks for your efforts FT but I don't think this is for me.:salute:

No problem. You could still use it by uploading your skins... for the community :) Just use 'Start Compare', wait, then press 'Start Upload'  - you do not need to download!

20 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

No problem. You could still use it by uploading your skins... for the community :) Just use 'Start Compare', wait, then press 'Start Upload'  - you do not need to download!

Ok, am uploading now.:salute:

I think this is a brilliant and ingenious thing you've come up with here FT.  I think the problem is the rest of us Dogz haven't quite considered what it's purpose is.  The idea is we can all see what each others skins are when we fly no?  Great.  However, I notice I've now d/l'd from the vault whole squadrons of 109F4 and HE 111 skins with consecutive numbers that none of us will ever, ever use.

I think this is a great tool for us but we all need to prune our skin folders first.

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 minute ago, DD_Arthur said:

Ok, am uploading now.:salute:

I think this is a brilliant and ingenious thing you've come up with here FT.  I think the problem is the rest of us Dogz haven't quite considered what it's purpose is.  The idea is we can all see what each others skins are when we fly no?  Great.  However, I notice I've now d/l'd from the vault whole squadrons of 109F4 and HE 111 skins with consecutive numbers that none of us will ever, ever use.

I think this is a great tool for us but we all need to prune our skin folders first.

Makes complete sense Arthur ... but it's too late now :) They are in!I think I've gone too fast too far with this maybe. If you think about it - it's kinda like a virus - spreading files all over Pc's all over the world lol.

As for disk space it should not be a problem having all them skins in. As for selecting them for a flight - yes. That's a bummer.
What if we can assign a skins-manager, he will maintain a list of proper and valid and perfect shared skins. He only can add them to the Skault, and all others can download those... 

(Version 0.90 will have that 4K Filter in it, but that check appears to result into a massive slow down!)

Hi FT 

I had to lead the path differently due to the fact I have the steam version but never the less work so far,

to the point where it not allowing me to go further because  You cannot be verified as a member of the Dangerdogz. If you are a member, send a pm to FT mentioning this issue