Battle of Bodenplatte Feedback

Hello Gents, if only I could. Don't want to hijack this thread, but I'm considering getting Bodenplatte while it's still in early access, how's the AI for single player and what's your overall impression of the title?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Mayhem, I hope you don't mind but I moved your post into it's own thread to keep the P-38 Campaign cleaner for trying to solve issues with the setting up and running of the campaign.

For my part, as a confessed doubter of the GBS series the passed 2-years updates have really turned this sim into an enjoyable and immersive experience and the BoP stuff has really popped a cherry on the cake. P-38 is AWESOME (though I would say that, LoL!), the P-51 is fun and competitive, the Spitfire a joy, the Tempest a beast and the Jerry stuff, is, well, late war Jerry; fast, packs a punch and dangerous but requiring disciplined flying to make the best of.

I can recommend.

• Thanks 1

Right Tom thanks. I know you're a busy man but if you can spare a moment perhaps you can fill me on a a couple of details. Are the cockpits clickable, how are the flight/damage models and what's this I'm reading about 'unlocks' of certain upgrades/weapons? Thanks, and by the way, I'm keeping hope alive, the Governor of my state just passed legislation for moneys to connect the more rural areas with high speed landline. We'll see how that pans out but I may move this coming spring, I'd really love to be flying some DCS/IL-2 with you but my satellite connection isn't good for gaming with a ping of around 600ms. 

And on a side note, have you tried the latest version of BMS Falcon, 4.34, it's amazing and something I believe you'd appreciate. The AI and dynamic campaign really blow DCS away in that regard. It's free but will require a legal copy of Micro Prose Falcon 4, the collection can be had on Good Old Games for 10 USD. Definitely check it out if you get the chance. This video doesn't really do it justice I was testing out the new version yesterday and it's bad ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcMOOOulhME

Howdy Mayhem

I can help on a few

No clickable cockpits

flight/damage models are as good as anything we've had before and possibly better.

The just finally allowed trim on the slider, I'm finally interested after this last patch.

Look into 5G modem from a cell provider, thats what I had to do for this house outside of town, I can actually game as well as ever as a client, I have not even considered hosting.

Hi mate, il2 46 is now no longer flown by the dogs, bodenplatte has taken its place. The sim is as good as if not better than 46 , and especially since the bodenplatte update has Added some more interesting planes. Only downside is the lack of variaty and theatres compared to 46 , the fact that it is expensive to have all the options and the mission editor/ generator for multiplayer does not seem As good as 46 , I miss the regular missions we flew and FTs special missions.

Delta thanks for the heads up, I was unaware the Dogz had switched. Now Bodenplatte, it's pricey but looks really good and the plane set is a must have for me. It sounds like Battle of Midway is on hold for now, that's a disappointment for sure. 1946 was, and will forever be is a true masterpiece most likely never to be topped. The shear amount of content in 46, though it took several expansions and years of community work, is mind boggling. Seeing 46 on sale recently for $1.50 USD made me feel a bit strange, like witnessing the passing of an era. Bodenplatte it is then, onward and upward.

Ah, I see they're having a sale right now, up to 75% off Great Battle products. I might be cracking my wallet open tonight. Besides Bodenplatte which module/campaigns can you guys suggest to go along with it. 

Most of us have bitten the bullet and bought, Stalingrad, Moscow and Kuban when sales are on, note that bodenplatte won't be on sale yet, sneaky wee comma separated the message. It is difficult for host if don't have planeset . If funds tight then bodenplatte and Kuban would be a good start.

• 2. Administrators

You've got a few more days of cheap(er) access to Bodenplatte. The premium (early access) edition is $69.99 as opposed to its usual price of $79.99. It's going to be your last chance to get it at a reduced rate for quite a while. Bear in mind that if you buy the premium editions you get more planes but you don't need them for the maps if you're flying along with the rest of us as the map is hosted by the server. Buy modules/collector planes/campaigns from the website rather than Steam if you can, that way you can be certain that all the money goes to the developers.

I agree with Delta - Kuban and BP are the modules with the most interesting aircraft for me - the rest of it is a bit meh but with a few gems.