443 Squadron Online Campaign

DD_Fenrir

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Excellent fun last night chaps, I was a bit surprised to find out it was a full on 443 mission rather than an in house DDz practice. Not sure where I got my wires crossed there ? My confusion continued as I stole FT’s aircraft and promptly bent his prop on landing, ( other than that things were textbook!)

”You can train monkeys to fly better than that” 🤪

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

No secrets. It's just that we're now based in Normandy, and it's more intense now, no time for taking screenshots ...

Here's our debriefs from yesterday's mission, copy/paste from the 144 Wing Discord Channel:

F/O F 'Fenrir' Ockenden,  Yesterday at 11:15 PM
17-06-44 / White Lead / Divebombing bridges on the Dives
Bullseye on target
Red Section attacked from low left by 4+ 109s over Caen; dived on a e/a lining up to attack Red 3, clobbered him with a burst of 2-seconds and followed up with another 3-second burst before slipping below and to his left seeing his engine dead and his canopy being jettisoned. Chandelled left and dived down on a 2nd 109 trying to pull in behind a Spitfire. Hit him with a 3-second burst then followed up with a similar burst seeing hits all around the rear fuselage and left wing root. Broke away high and left, White 3 confirmed engine stopped and aircraft descending belching smoke. Several inconclusive attacks then lost sight of any e/a. Regrouped with Red Section at B.3 Angels 6.

P/O L 'FT' Piche, Yesterday at 11:30 PM
17-06-44 / White 3 
Bombs dropped at or rather near target, no hits. Stuck with White Lead. See above.

Painless was not in, and we 'lost' Wingflyr and Horus due to controller/technical issues at the start of the mission, even before squadron take off ...