And now for something completely different

OK so he has a list of requirements...

1. Get a group of friends and a person willing to host an event.  - I think we have that covered

2. It can be as long or as short or as organized as you want ... OK, it has to be at least a little organized.   - we can manage here....

3. Set the time period and make your alter egos in the campaign.  - "characters" covered...

4. Schedule a time and fly.  - what are we waiting for?

• Like 2

Quote from Pat

As of 6.1.0 (released yesterday) you can fly with your friends in a cooperative or competitive environment. 

You are flying in a campaign.  You have a persona.  Your persona has a record.  If he gets killed he is gone and you start with a new persona.  This should make people more interested in survival.  How hard is it to score 50 victories against other humans without dying?  If you achieve something like that do you really want to throw that away to dive into 8 enemies by yourself?  Do you really want to continue the fight in your smoking wreck?

So yes, as of now you can fly a campaign, you can include other people, you can control who participates, you can fly exclusively with them or competitively against them. Your friends can fly in the same squadron or a different squadron.  They can all be fighter pilots or they can  do other things. 

If Joe and Al are flying as fighters in I/JG51 then they will be in the same flight.  Harry likes Stukas so his persona is in II/StG77 and he is in another flight doing a dive bombing mission.  John likes Yaks so he is in a Yak flying for the Russians.  Jane likes Il2s so she is in an IL2 doing ground attack.  All in the same coop mission.  You might meet.  You might not.  There is a ground war going on beneath you.  Harry and Jane are actively attacking ground units.  Joe, Al, and John in their fighters can choose to comedown and join the fun or not.  

The mission is run and events are calculated.  Victories are tabulated, medals and promotions are earned, pilots are killed or injured and equipment is lost.  A new day happens and new missions are flown.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

No takers?

474th FG based at A-78 Florennes, consisting:

428th Fighter Squadron - Callsign: "Geyser"; codes: "F5"; Tail marking: black square

429th Fighter Squadron - Callsign: "Retail", codes: "7Y"; Tail marking: black triangle

430th Fighter Squadron "The Backdoor Gang" - Callsign: "Backdoor", codes: "K6"; Tail marking: black circle

With 16 of us we'd be a full squadron... 16 P-38s in one go! :drool:  :glasses2:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Yeah, my bad, forgot about Funflak and Friar, also in the future Gypsy and Papabear could also be potential attendees. Either way, we could have excess pilots, as getting all 20 of us on during one session is unlikely. Even if we end up with under-strength breather contingent (8-12 pilots) AI can make up the rest.

Regards mission types I think PWCG will deal the missions out according to what the plane is categorized as; in the case of P-38 as a fighter-bomber I would expect to see a good amount of both air-to-air and air-to-mud automatically generated as part of what it does....

Just had a flight in the new planes and I am very impressed by the feeling of being there :) The P-38 seems a bit twitchy when taxying slowly but I am sure I will get the hang of it and I made good landings in all three planes

On 10/2/2019 at 4:57 PM, DD_Fenrir said:

These guys have all played BoX recently...

1. APHill
  2. Arthur
  3. Artie
  4. BadAim
  5. BluBear
  6. Crash
  7. Delta
  8. Fenrir
  9. FT
  10. Jabo
  11. Painless
  12. Perfesser