Latest release borked in MP

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well ED have pulled a prize cock-up and pushed an OpenBeta to stable with unresolved bug which has a pretty profound affect on our multiplayer server.

Any AI which depends on "visual" methods to engage - so all ww2, Korean era aircraft and non-radar equipped modern jets plus any ground units that would normally fire at you using the traditional mk.I eyeball will now now longer engage if the server/host is using the no-render option.

As ours is.

I have made some pretty forthright remonstrations to ED over at their forums regarding this. In the meantime I don't know what else to suggest; either push our DS to the render version (is that possible?) or obliged to have someone host like the bad old days.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Okay, got it running with NoRender - mission is up, I can see AI flying, driving and sailing. Have not got the time right now to take off and see whether it shoots at me....

(Server process is now using 8GB of memory, which is about 4 to 5 times more than it usually is I think.)

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Gents, there's further issues with the F-14 in this release; Jester seems to refuse to switch the radar on after takeoff with hot-start aircraft in Multiplayer. If you wish to use the Tomcat on our dedicated server and you don't have a buddy to be your RIO, you're going to have to start cold and dark and do a full INS alignment if you wish to go Air-to-Air at mid-long ranges. PAL lock mode still works for engagements <15nm.

Beta fix is due for 03/07/19 but as for those using the Stable, we're looking at a another week or more.

Another brilliant bug allowed through to Stable release by ED....