Engine startup procedures

• 1. DDz Quorum

Wow...bit of a change following Update 3.101. Interesting read on the GBS forums https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/51249-3101-new-startup-procedures/?_fromLogin=1 I see it as basically the new starting procedure means that you have to ensure the engine control levers are in the correct starting position before engaging start procedure, if not there is just silence and nothing happens. I don't know how it effects every aircraft but for example on the A20 before pressing engine start I have to set mixture fully forward (full rich) and RPM fully back (decreased). It might be that this is the case for all of aircraft but that will need time to find out.

I have found that I have had to change my engine starting habit slightly in another way too in that instead of using E to start engines I have elected to have a separate starting/stopping button for each engine. This is in effect adding 1 additional button for use with twin engined aircraft except for the Me 262 which requires the addition of 2 more buttons into my setup because there are 2 new ones added in the 'Engine control' section of the 'Key Mapping' for engine starts specifically for the Me 262, namely 'Engine ignition (Me 262)'.

With regard to starting the Me 262 engines this is a good video to watch by REQUIEM here , engine start procedure begins at 3.10. It works for me and I have separate engine start. Takes a bit of practice but watch the text on the right side of your screen as it gives you some hints as to what to do.

Cheerzen

Sid

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a new start up for 2 engine planes, bit confused, used to fly pe2 but now it wont take prop pitch rpm or mix input so although I can start engines I cant take off without getting full rpm, other single engine planes take input, do I need to map rpm and pitch to engine 1 and engine 2 seperatly now ???