FFB Might this work?

Crash

So, in the loft I have a "modded" Sidewinder and I wondered if it could be coupled to the extension on my Warthog using a rod with rose joints. The X-52 handle on it wasnt the success I hoped it would be and now there is a 15mm stub sticking out of the base. I realise the throw on the sticks might be a bit different but I am sure I could use a spring to absorb any movement at the extream positions. I seem to remember seeing rods used on model helicopters am I right?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Now that's some out of the box thinking there Dave - like that idea a lot! 

Could be doable however, rather than add springs to the transfer circuit, which would dilute the FFB, why not use geometry to provide the necessary gearing to match the throws; similar to how old fashioned rack and pinion steering mechanisms provide differential rates of wheel angle whether steering left or right?

Using the right length of arm in combination of mounting the MSFFB2 base at an angle could allow the centres to coincide and full travels to match at the same time?

• 1. DDz Quorum

I do not see it working, but maybe I am picturing incorrectly?

So, is it the idea to add FFB to the Wharthog?

Couple them with only one Rod with them joints? If the FFB stick moves, it will move the rod a bit, but due to the joints, the rod will simply rotate on both ends. I do not see it being able to transfer the movement/shake to the Warthog that way, not in the same extent as the FFB moves.

And also, you'd have to assign both sticks to the same in game control. Now what do you think would happen to flight controls when they get input from two controllers - ones that are not equal in signal output... 

I just do not see it, but like said, I may have it pictured all wrong :sheepsmile:

• 1. DDz Quorum

For transmittal of forces - as long as the eye of the rose is both mounted and aligned correctly, and one end of the rod is fixed in my mind it *should* work.

Use the FFB as axis and the assign the Warthog buttons. Simples! He says...

48 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

I do not see it working, but maybe I am picturing incorrectly?

So, is it the idea to add FFB to the Wharthog?

Couple them with only one Rod with them joints? If the FFB stick moves, it will move the rod a bit, but due to the joints, the rod will simply rotate on both ends. I do not see it being able to transfer the movement/shake to the Warthog that way, not in the same extent as the FFB moves.

And also, you'd have to assign both sticks to the same in game control. Now what do you think would happen to flight controls when they get input from two controllers - ones that are not equal in signal output... 

I just do not see it, but like said, I may have it pictured all wrong :sheepsmile:

That is the idea. The problem is to link the sticks like the gear selector in a car. As for the FFB effect I think (Hope) the game might apply the effect to the first FFB detected. Well it did in 46. I dont want to spend $1000 on that Brunner base https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220728 :unsure:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Gear selector in a car is not as floppy in its movement as a joystick... Movement is very much limited forward/rearward, and left/right only in its center. That differs a lot from the stirring-in-a-pot a joystick can do ...  And even if you can connect them in good working order, how are you going to prevent the stuff from shaking itself to pieces? 

I do like the idea though :)