Laptops ??

delta7

Does anyone here use a laptop for sim? I am thinking about upgrading and want to downsize to flat next year so wonder if its a good option? Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated I only really play il2 and box and some driving Sims, I'd like to play forza 4 as its set in scotland

• 1. DDz Quorum

I do not get why you would want to downsize to a laptop? 

When in cockpit, you'd still be sitting in a chair, with joystick, throttle (pedals?) and you would need a screen to look at,  17" may do - but have you ever tried to hold a 17" laptop on your lap? All the stuff needed around the pc's takes plenty of room anyways, and there should thus be room for a desktop box? 

If you want to browse the internets from like the couch ... go for a tablet!

Or well, maybe use this type of controller? :)

Joystick.JPG

• 1. DDz Quorum

@ Delta, just as an example of a set up this is how it is in my flat. I've used a chunk of one of the two bedrooms that would normally be used as a wardrobe area. My 'office' and 'cockpit' fit into a square area that is 5' 10" by 5' 10". I stow my controls on the shelf above the monitors and slide them in when needed. I understand the need for stowage having downsized from a 3 bed semi to a 2 bed flat and accept that I only have one bedroom. 

Cheerzen

Sidley

IMG_20190412_091754.jpg

Thanks for replies, it is difficult to think about moving but with both sons now away to university, the house is too big and time for change. I also have to factor in that sons will return home in summer so will have "spare" bedrooms for a large part of time but then evicted from them in summer, ? .

I will post something over on BoX and see if there are any advantages/ issues with gaming laptops.

S

Dave