Our DCS Server

FoolTrottel

On 4/1/2021 at 4:40 PM, FoolTrottel said:

image.png

(BTW, I tried it, shot down all of the luftwaffles, picked up the entire crew of a channel ditched bomber, landed in France, took off and brought me back the coolest nicest French farmer's daughter you can come across, she speaks English ánd Dutch ... )

It won't show in the list now, but I can join it via this ip ???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Hi all,

The OpenBeta server had been updated by FT to accommodate the Mosquito's at the WW2 airfield; I have gone further and tweaked it to allow some more as demand seems to be high for this airframe. A such there are now 12x Mossie slots in case there's a flood of Dogz keen to get stick time in the Wooden Wonder.

Also, I have discovered that as long as the mission creator pre-loads the wing mounted bombs so that you spawn in with them already attached then they will drop from the aircraft. They only refuse to release when you use the rearm menu to put them on the aircraft.

Because of this each Mossie will be pre-loaded with a full bomb load of 4 x 500lb bombs when you spawn in. If you don't want them then please use the re-arm menu to get them taken off your aircraft.

Plus the Mossies have a new target! There's now a power station protected by flak in the valleys East of Batumi airfield (the WW2 Axis airfield) - had an interesting run against it last night testing the mission and managed to flatten a couple of buildings whilst only getting a nibble from the flak. Got involved in a dust up with the D-9s shortly after but that's another story....

Furthermore, after requests to make the mission a little less gloomy, I have also changed the weather pattern; previously it was set to 'Broken 5' which whilst very interesting and quite beautiful in the air was masking the sun appreciably. I have in it's stead trialled 'Scattered 3'; it seems less gloomy but still interesting visually but I am open to feedback from the various users if this was too far or not enough. Let me know.

• Thanks 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum
6 minutes ago, DD_Fenrir said:

My fault FT, went in to update the OpenBeta branch and it all went pear-shaped; apologies, and thank you muchly for fixing my screw ups!

No worries - it was trying to update whilst OB server was still running on that secondary login account :)

(Also noticed Fruitbat was hosting already, so I took my time to fix it ... )

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...