Our DCS Server

FoolTrottel

• 1. DDz Quorum

Guess what I did today?

image.png

The only thing that remains to be seen is whether the four hour cycle will work: The process called DCS.exe will be killed from the processor after four hours - but there are two DCS.exe's running on it now... not sure what will happen!

But, we will found out in a few hours. I guess...

Oh, and SRS has been updated to 1.6.4.0 as well.

( What's the use? I dunno :) )

• 7 months later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

DCS Dogz, please note that the server is now running 2.5.6 Stable and I have requested it to remain on Stable for the foreseeable to keep it available for those Dogz members who do not partake in the OpenBeta. I ran a test on it this afternoon and whilst the Supercarrier appears, even for those of us who own the module, we are unable to spawn, takeoff or trap on it, I assume because the Server does not 'own' the module.

I will converse with FT at the next available opportunity to see if and how we can get around this issue.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Wierd! I logged on round 3pm BST and selecting Tomcat 200 which is specifically intended to hot spawn on the super carrier and it threw me in air start. Flew a mission, killed some stuff, came back to the super carrier and it refused me permission to land! 

Confused!?!?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sure, but I must confess... I logged on to DCS on the server, using my own credentials, and thus I could install the Supercarrier module.

Next, started the Dserver under the DangerDogz account, and ... yeah, I could spawn in on the deck...

(I did not take off in the 14, so did not attempt to land, and thus never asked for permission to land!)

3 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Yeah I can believe it was the Stennis but how come FT's got pictures of little men?  Confused.....

Edit; Just selected 200 range Tomcat and deffo spawned on SC..... 

That's definitely the Super(duper) Carrier.

• 4 months later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

New attempt at running two DCS dedicated server sessions/missions on our server, both are running stable version:

image.png

One is closed, one is open.

The open one is running a generic mission, not specifically a good DF one - but there will be one, some day soon.

The way I did it this time, is to have a secondary user logged on to the server - as one can have two logged on at the same time. Besides DCS twice, CloD is now also running the Tobruk mission and the BoB missions on the same server, the same way.

This all should save me from having to run a separate little server at home so... that's the positive thing about it. Whether our own server will be able to handle it, remains to be seen.

• 5 months later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

So, yeah, the Stable version on our server is being updated. For the channel map.

No need to buy it.

It's just a command that must be executed: DCS_Updater.exe install THECHANNEL_terrain

For future reference, here's a link to a table of like all DCS modules, with their names in it:  Modules!

(And the thing I did buy back then, that I never did not need to not buy was the Normandy Map + Asset pack ... )

• 1. DDz Quorum

image.png

(BTW, I tried it, shot down all of the luftwaffles, picked up the entire crew of a channel ditched bomber, landed in France, took off and brought me back the coolest nicest French farmer's daughter you can come across, she speaks English ánd Dutch ... )

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

DCS_updater.exe install PERSIANGULF_terrain

DCS_updater.exe install NEVADA_terrain

DCS_updater.exe install SYRIA_terrain

Have been executed now on the OpenBeta Server - well, it's still running Syria - 55GB. Is that like ... okay?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I need help with the T-45 though, I thought I found the files, but I get and authorization error when starting the game and I can't activate the Module, so till then I can't actually join the Server