Our DCS Server

FoolTrottel

• 1. DDz Quorum

Our DCS Server is up and running.

In a Beta form still, stay tuned here for the latest news on it.

- Runs the latest-1 version of Fenrir's 'DD_All Planes Jet Practise' mission, and it does so... endlessly at the moment. So, in the end, ships will reach the harbor, it will turn dark, it will hang itself probably. Ie. there's no automatic restart yet...

- A4 is in the mission, but only on ground start, so it will go BOOM!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whats the server called FT?  I can't seem to see anything like it in the server list....

Also, I've downloaded the A4 mod but haven't installed it yet.  Could that be the problem? 

My game was updated last night so I could fly the Mig19. My game says it's on version 2.5.4.28090. Open beta.

• 1. DDz Quorum

And,  mission/server should restart every 12 hours now. 

One issue still is that I have to manually un-pause it at start. Haven't found a fix for that yet... The 'documented'  ["pause_on_load"] = false, is serversettings.lua does not really work...

52 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

Name is DangerDogz ... 

Oh, you're on the Open Beta, server is 'Stable' 

Er...ah. I see.  So, er....confused.

'Stable' and 'Open Beta',  does this mean I'm up the creek as per our server?  Not too sure what the difference is and is it possible to access the 'stable' version?

Arthur, there are two versions of DCS available.  The 'stable' version is currently 2.5.4.27430, which was the previous Beta version number.  The current Beta number is 2.5.4.28090.  Version number is displayed on the main screen in the lower right corner.  If you run both, you'll need two totally separate installs of DCS on your machine, and two execute files, of course.  I have both installed on my storage drive, one under 'E\DCS World' (the Beta) and one under 'E\DCS 2.5 STABLE' (the stable version).  Both have their own individual .exe files inside their separate game folders.

The beta is the "development" version, implementing new things for testing by the community to look for faults.  It's also a nice way to get a head start on new features, but most of us, including myself, run the stable version almost exclusively.

Here's the link to the download page.  Note the three different versions. 2.5 Stable. 2.5 Beta. 1.5 ("Legacy").  The top one, 2.5 Stable, is the one being currently run on the Dogz server.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

Arthur, that's a big "maybe".  Generally, the Beta becomes the Stable number at some point, at which the old Beta number becomes the Stable number and a new number becomes the Beta.  It's a vicious repeating cycle.  The only real reason for installing Beta is for early access to new features.  Give it about two weeks (or so, depending), and it should update.

• 1 month later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

As of now, today, like in immediate effect:  Now running this Dserver on a different server.

SRS Radio will automatically connect to the new server.

Should be running good enough, you won't feel a thing :)

Just enjoy!

(Well, it still is in a kinda like test situation, if it does not work, we might move back)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

And here we go again, DCS now running on yet a different server. IP is 136.243.91.74, but you won't need it for SRS-radio, as it auto connects to the new address once you've connected to the server in DCS.

You probably need to re-favorite the DangerDogz server though...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...